Getting Home

Coming home from Maui Ethan took a separate plane straight to Chicago while I went back to LA. My grandmother is flying in later today and we're going straight to the hospital.

I laid back on my bed already missing Ethan and it's only been a couple hours. I rented a car for the weekend and David is taking me to go get one Monday. It's now Friday though. I grabbed my phone checking the time before I got myself ready and made my way outside to get in the car.

I synced my phone with the handsfree and then drove down the road listening to my playlist. Suddenly the music cut off as Ethan called me. "Hello?" I asked as. I stopped at a red light. "Hey beautiful what's up" he said and I smiled. "Just going to pick my grandmother up. Cause my mother hates me" I told him and he chuckled.

The light turned green and I pressed my foot on the gas. "What're you doin today?" I asked and he sighed. "First day of school. Just wish I was back with you already" I smiled "yeah me and you both, but it's your junior year baby your last couple of years always goes by so fast. Mine sure did" I told him and he groaned. "I know. I'm not ready to face my crying mother because I'm a Junior" I laughed and said "wish I had a crying mother to gush about me. All I had was drugs"

Ethan scoffed and I smiled as he grumbled. "I miss Maui" he whined and I just say "me to. At least I'm not ghostly pale anymore" I told him and he chuckled. I pulled up at the air port and sat in my parking spot and texted me grandmother where I was. "Atleast you're done with school" Ethan said and I sighed. "I was so glad I was out of there still am fuck my high school" Ethan chuckled again and he yawned as I waved at my grandma. "Hey baby I gotta go. Love you. Text me." I said "alright love you" He said and I hung up as my grandmother opened the door. "Hi baby!" She gushed and hugged me over the console kissing my cheek.

"Are you hungry?" I asked her as I drove. "Starving." I smiled and stopped at a red light. "Denny's?" I asked and she just says "oh yes" I nodded and as the light turned green I drove. I flicked the turning signal on as my phone went off. "Will you see who that is?" I asked and she grabbed my phone.

"Diego said, hey lil ma you talk to E yet?" I smiled and said "my passcode is 5-12-17, will you type back yes I did we made up if you know what I mean" my grandmother looked at me and I raised an eyebrow as I turned to her then the road. "What?" I asked and she shook her head "does he know?" She asked and I bit my lip. "Yes, he does. He understands" my grandmother nodded "are you At least using protection?" She asked and I chuckled remembering all the times we didn't use a condom. "Yes, abuela," I told her and she nodded before sending the text and put my phone down.

I pulled the car into the parking lot and parked it, before we both got out. "Beware. She hates me still" I told her and she sighed taking my hand. "I'll get on her baby" she told me and I nodded as I lead her in. "Princess!" Luke called out and I smiled as he hugged me. "Abuela this is Luke. He's one of moms many doctors and has known me since I was thirteen" I told her and she nodded as they shook hands.

Luke lead us back to my mothers room and she honestly looked dead. "Mom?" She breathed out and my grandmother smiled and walked over hugging her. "Myrcella" she spoke and I just say "mom." She turned back to my grandmother and asked "what are you doing here?" My grandmother looked back at me and smiled before turning to my mom.

"We're taking you home honey." She said and my mother looked at me as I walked over. "Luke called me. You're done with treatment." I told her and she nodded. "I guess you're here to talk me in to radiology" my grandmother sighed. "No Claire we're bringing you home and making you comfortable" she said and my mother scoffed. "If I'm going to die let me die in peace here. Take my worthless daughter and go home" she snapped and I breathed out and sighed.

"Claire." My grandmother snapped and my mother opened her mouth to say something when she froze. "Claire?" My grandmother asked. "Mom?" I asked next and suddenly she started seizing. I ran over to the door "LUKE" I yelled and he ran to me before turning and yelling "code blue" he turned slamming a button. "Wait outside Myrcella" He said and I nodded as my grandmother came over. Doctors and nurses ran in to do their thing and my grandmother engulfed me in to a hug.

We waited outside as Luke came out with a frown on his face. "I'm sorry Myrcella" he spoke and tears came to my eyes. He hugged me as I started to cry. "I'm sorry" he repeated as he held me tightly. "Myrcella baby" my grandmother spoke and Luke let me go, as I turned and she hugged me tightly.

We went back to my apartment and I sat there silent as my grandmother sits next to me. "I'll handle this baby." She told me and took my hand. She squeezed it and I cleared my throat. "I tried everything to be on her good side. I wanted her appreciation her approval. She just hated me because her husband and brother raped me and I got them sent away... She hated me so much and I just put up with it. I thought I wasn't good enough for so long, and now I just... I don't know" I said and my grandmother stayed silent. "I'm sorry baby. I should of been here, but I wasn't. I'm so sorry" she said and I sniffled as she pulled me in to a tight embrace.