𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

CHAPTER TWELVE( moo shu to go, part ii )

CHAPTER TWELVE
( moo shu to go, part ii )

The soft, barely noticeable brush of his hand against Jax's was enough to make Alec tense up and a faint red to coax his cheeks. And despite being the werewolf, who's supposedly sensitive with about anything and everything, Jax doesn't seem to notice as he remained quiet when the two men walked side by side into the training room, where Alec was going to introduce him to his mother.

Unbeknownst to Alec, Jax was feeling nervous, although he knew that he shouldn't be. Alec will introduce him as his friend-because that's exactly what he is and nothing more yet Jax still wanted to make a dashing first appearance. But his want to be liked by Alec's mother went flying out the window when he saw the woman.

"Yeah, nope," he suddenly voiced out. He couldn't do this, though he put up a tough front for everyone else, he felt like a coward as he turned around on his heels and started to walk away. Away from the woman that had been the reason why he's on the run. But he didn't manage to get four steps away before he felt a gentle touch gripping his wrist, pulling him to a stop.

Alec's grip on his wrist didn't hurt in the slightest but the raven haired Shadowhunter tightened his hold when Jax still made an attempt to get away. "What are you doing?" he asked, though Jax couldn't detect any annoyance in his tone, just curiosity.

"I'm backing away," Jax replied as if it was obvious and tugged his arm away from Alec, who didn't protest and just watched the werewolf in confusion. "Slowly backing away," he said again in emphasis and started to take a few steps backward before turning around and started to walk off.

Alec shook his head with an exasperated sigh and walked after him, catching up sooner than Jax had expected. He grabbed onto Jax's arm once more and pulled him back to a stop. "Yeah, I get that part," he rolled his eyes. "Care to elaborate why? You look like you just saw the devil himself."

"More like the devil herself," Jax mumbled under his breath but was quick to explain himself before Alec could question his statement. "Look, long story short, I've met your mother-"

"You've met her?" he questioned, clearly confused. "How? When?"

"I was about to tell you that before you interrupted me," Jax deadpanned and Alec quickly mumbled out an apology before telling him to go on. Jax looked over his shoulder at Alec's mother, seeing her conversing with Isabelle before he turned back to Alec with a sigh. "You remember when I told you about the Shadowhunter chick who said she was gonna help me and it turns out that she called her buddies instead? Well, your mother was one of her compandres that wanted to kill me, comprende?"

"What the-stop speaking Spanish!" Alec huffed and placed his hands on his hips. He looked calm and collected, although he was far from it. How could anyone remain calm when they found out that their mother wants to kill the guy they think they're having feelings for? he thought to himself. "So she tried to kill you?" Jax nodded in response. "Why didn't you tell me any of this before?" Alec asked again. He knew may come off as someone who doesn't care much about other people's problems but he would surely like to know if his mother was planning on hurting Jax.