𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT( lightwolf, part i )

( lightwolf, part i )

Luckily enough, Jace and Clary managed to return on time and gave the Cup back to Lydia, resulting in Isabelle being a free woman to walk. Though despite being grateful that Lydia withdrew her charges, she still wasn't so pleased about her marrying her brother.

Jax was the one who's supposed to marry her brother, not Lydia. But her brother has stood by her side at her trial and now she would do the same for him, no matter what choices he make. Nevertheless, the wedding still needs to be grand ans Isabelle expects nothing less. So she took it upon herself to be the one to arrange it.

"Bring the flowers out to the wedding tent. Put the lilies up on the dais, and lay the rose petals at the entrance," she instructed the two girls who quickly nodded and rushed to get it done.

"Isabelle, which color do you like better? It's for the curtains adorning the wedding tent," a woman asked her, showing her two set of fabrics; one gold and the other blue. While the gold was indeed bright and beautiful, the blue one captured her attention. "The blue. It's elegant, masculine."

After the woman left, she mumbled to herself, "And it's the perfect shade of Jax's eyes."

• • •

"Hello? Magnus?" Alec called out as he entered what seems to be an empty apartment. The warlock had called him, saying that he should come by to his apartment so he since he had found more information regarding the warlock they were looking for. "You said you needed to talk to me."

But instead of Magnus, the familiar werewolf-who he may or may not been avoiding, walked into the room. "Hello, Alec," Jax greeted with a smile, glad his plan has worked. Alec cursed under his breath. He should've seen it coming. Jax obviously asked Magnus to call him, knowing very well that he probably wouldn't come if Jax was the one who made the call. It wasn't as if the warlock had been subtle about his wishes that the two made amends either.

And now Alec was left to face what he'd gotten himself into.

"We never really got to finish our conversation after Izzy's trial. About your wedding?"

"There's no conversation to be had. I'm getting married," Alec stated, despite knowing how much it pained them both to hear those words. He gestured towards the werewolf and himself. "You and I, we understand marriage very differently. I'm a Shadowhunter, this is about family and tradition, honor-"

Alec continued on, even when Jax approached him but the Shadowhunter took a few steps back, putting a reasonable distance between them. Not because he didn't want to be near the werewolf, but because he wasn't sure that he could kept up his cold demeanor if Jax was anywhere near.