As what you've heard, Klein and I...are engaged. Yeah, we're getting married. But we haven't made it official yet. It's only been 3 months since he proposed, but I didn't put up a lot of thought into that decision. I thought he was joking, but when he brought out a ring, he was really serious about it.

And now, we just have to make it official, but not right now. Not yet. If...If Nagisa finds out, I don't know what I'd do.

But anyway, I finished changing into my usual indoor outfit. But just as I walked out from my bedroom, Klein appeared in front of me almost out of nowhere.

"Dinner's ready!"

"Huh? Oh um, yeah you go on ahead. I already had dinner." I briefly said an excuse as I slowly twitched my mouth.

"Is that so? Well that's too bad. I cooked you your favorite. Aw shucks. Just as I was thinking of having a dinner date together." He lowered his head in dismay.

"I'm really sorry. But hey, if you think you can't eat it all by yourself, you can save some for me for tomorrow." I tried to reassure him.

"Okay then, sure." After he said that, he went to the dining room and started to eat all b himself while I went to turn on the TV and see what the news has in store for me tonight.

Though, nothing satisfied my entertainment. So I switched to Animax and watched this unusual anime where I saw a bald guy wearing a cape, punching monsters. Unbelievable, those monsters are as huge as him, but he took them all out with just one hit with his punch. The anime world is getting weirder if you ask me. Oh well. It's just fiction meant to amuse people, so that's how it should be.

"What are you watching?" Klein spoke out of nowhere while leaning at the sofa, but I wasn't surprised for a bit anymore.

"Well I don't really know the title nor I want to know. Anyway, you're done eating your dinner?" I asked him while he went around to sit next to me, but as soon as he did, I made sure I left a small gap between the two of us.

"Yeah, I couldn't eat it all, so I wrapped it up and put it into the fridge." He rubbed his belly, a gesture saying he's full.

I looked back to the TV to continue watching this unbelievable anime and didn't mind him leaning towards my shoulder. I rolled my eyes at him and had thoughts flowing inside my mind.

I wonder if I really do want to marry him. We only met a year ago and I'm not pretty sure myself that I know him to an extent where I'd accept his proposal. Somehow, some voice in my head is saying that he's a nice guy. So that, at least, was reassuring.

He went to cuddle his head deeper into my neck, but his hair only brought itchiness. I slowly pushed him away, and he fell on the other side, though the sofa caught him of course. He was fast asleep. Huh, guess he did eat a lot.

I still can't make my thoughts into one and find out what I really want from now on. I wasn't struggling like this since then. Was it because I met Nagisa again? We only hung out for a little while, but it feels like my feelings from the past are coming back.

I'm going to get married, but I don't know what I feel about it. There's someone else that I love. Someone that deeply cares for me. Someone, who's really special in my life.

---

>>> Time Skip
Change to Nagisa's POV

Class was over, but I was still in our classroom barely finishing a paper work. When I was finally finished with it, I stretched out my arms up in the air and boy today was really a little tiring. 

To tell you honestly, I almost got killed last night when I tried to spare an idiot's life. He used that advantage to try and make a shot from his gun. But luckily, Karma was there to prevent that, and he scolded me for doing something like that. I'm sorry.

I went outside the classroom and head to the faculty to get my things and go somewhere for today. But just as I was about to walk down the hallway, I kinda figured I'd see what the assassins club are up to. I told them today we won't be having club activities to give them time to rest. But knowing them, they'll still gather at the club room.

---

I was walking along on a pathway that leads us to Kunugigaoka Junior High with Aoba following me from behind. After I checked on the club a few minutes ago, everyone except for Aoba went to their respective homes. Aoba asked me where I was heading, and when I told him I'm going to pay a visit at the old classroom, he offered to go with me.

"Hey Aoba. I'm grateful that you want to come with me, but shouldn't you be heading home now? You might miss your train." I said to him, but I didn't stop nor looked at him.

"Oh, don't worry about that, teach. My train usually gets there late, so I want to kill some time for the moment." He answered with all honesty.

I didn't try again to persuade him to stop and go home since he insisted on coming along. Oh well, if he insists, then so be it.

We reached the foot of the hill where my old classroom is still standing at the top. Although, when we reached the place, Aoba noticed something.

"Hey teach, why are these vehicles parked out here?" Aoba pointed at several vehicles parked alongside the hill. I'm guessing there must be a lot of people up there right now. Who could they be? Tourists?

But because of that, we had to rush towards the top of the hill to see it for ourselves. As we managed to reach the top, we saw a lot of people carrying devices and equipment, shooting a photo at the figure in front of them. 

It was a guy in about his mid 20's, though I wasn't very certain because he looked younger to me. He wore a black suit with a red neck tie on his collar, and was carrying a medium-sized scissor.

The entrance of the parliament building had a long red knot tied around it, and the latter was about to cut it.

"I hereby announce by the name of my father, to declare this joint school to be open!"

"What...?"

---

End of Chapter 23