Chapter Eleven.

Izzy's POV

"Mum?" Niall's eyes widen.

I attempt to sit up, to see her, but the curtain that is in the room, separating the beds, is in the way.

"Hello Niall, I came as soon as I heard." She gushes, I still can't see her.

"Is she awake?" She asks and Niall nods. Finally, she comes into sight and she sits on the chair Niall was on, she places her hand on mine.

"It's nice to finally meet you, in person." She tells me with a warm smile.

"You too." I smile and she squeezes my hand.

"You look well, considering." She gives a soft chuckle and Niall sits in the chair beside her.

"Thanks, I think." I chuckle.

She looks over and notices my parents in the room as well. She stands up and walks up to Mum and Dad.

"Hello, I'm Maura. Niall's mother." She gives my Mum a hug, and Mum returns it.

"I'm Tracey." Mum tells her. "And this is my husband, Adrian."

"It's nice to meet you both." Maura smiles. "From when I talk to Izzy on Skype, she has always spoken fondly of you both."

"How are you feeling?" Niall asks.

"Weird." I mumble, he chuckles, and rests his head on the side of the bed. I place my hand on his.

"Why didn't you get this checked out earlier." He groans, looking up at me and lacing our fingers together.

"I didn't think it was serious." I admit.

"How could you not think it was serious." His voice raises slightly.

"I don't know." I shrug.

"What do you mean you don't know?!" His voice raises again.

"Niall." Maura scolds. "Don't yell at her."

"Sorry Mum." He sigh, he rests his head on our linked hands.

I sigh and run my fingers through his hair, in hopes to calm him down.

"When is the surgery?" Dad asks, I just shrug.