29

ryan's pov —the next day—
i lay numb in bed, not wanting to do anything, and everyone's letting me. i mean i deserve it. my birthday was fucking ruined. i just wish Jack would understand that we aren't dating anymore. that he can't get mad and want to fight every guy that i come in contact with. it's very fucking annoying.
"ryan." i head soemone say, knocking on the door.
"yea?" i ask with a raspy voice. i cried my eyes out last night. and along with the yelling, it didn't end up well this morning. the door opens to reveal jill, hayes and johnson. i smile.
"hiiii!" hayes says and runs and jumps on the bed. i laugh.
"hi hayes." i say. jill hands me some water and aspirin.
"in case you had a headache or something." she says. i nod and take it, drinking the water as well.
"i'm sorry your birthday got ruined." johnson says with a pout. i shrug.
"now i know why you'd don't want a party." jill says. i laugh.
"it was amazing jill. i'm sorry i cut all your hard work short." i say. she shrugs.
"it wasn't that good." she says. i smile. there's a knock on the door that's still open. i look towards it and see the rest of the guys, minus Jack. skates holding the cake from last night with a few lit candles.
"oh my god." i say with a laugh, sitting up.
"happy birthday!" he says with a smile. i shake my head and they sing happy birthday. at the end i blow out my candles.
"there. now your 20." jill says. i laugh and thank them.
"the cake will be downstairs if you want some." sammy says. i nod and then they all walk out. before jill leaves, she hesitates at the door frame and looks at me.
"as much as i don't want you to, talk to him. please." she says. i nod slightly. she smiles softly and then walks out closing the door. i lay back and sigh. why does "talking" always have to be the solution?

i walk out of the room after i'm done getting ready and make my way downstairs. i hesitatingly stop at jack's door. just poor your feelings out. just let it all out. i knock twice and wait. i hear footsteps and then the door opens, revealing Jack, in a pair of sweats, messy hair and no shirt. i stand there awkwardly.
"i'm so-" he starts to apologize but i cut him off by pushing him into his room and closing the door.
"don't. don't say your sorry and not mean it." i say turning around and looking at it.
"i mean it ryan." he says
"no you don't. cuz if you were sorry, you wouldn't have done it in the first place. we wouldn't be in this situation right now." i say. he sighs and sits on his bed.
"what's wrong with you? why won't you let me move on?" i ask. he looks at me.
"seriously ryan? you're seriously asking that?" he asks.
"yes i am!" i exclaim
"every time a guy even looks my way, you want to fight them! why? you do remember that you broke up with me-"
"yes i do ok? you and he rest of the guys have reminded me a million fucking times. ok? yes i remember that i broke up with you. but you didn't fight for us." he says.
"because i'm sick of fighting for something that's pointless!" i exclaim. we stay quiet just looking at each other.
"you get so mad when we are dating if one of the guys puts they're arm around me. as a friend!" i say.
"you don't know their intentions ryan." he says leaning forward, putting his face in his hands.
"and you don't either. so don't act like you do." i say.
"you never answered my question." i add softly. he sighs and stands up.
"we're just gonna argue all day so you should just leave." he says and opens the door.
"and i'm the one not fighting for us." i say. he closes it again.
"because i'm jealous ryan. alright? there. you got your answer." he says
"why are you jealous?" i ask.
"ryan, just go." he says.
"no. you wanted me to fight for us so now i'm fighting." i say.
"you deserve so much better then me ok? so let's end this conversation now. forget everything that happened between you and me and go through the rest of the vacation just not talking to each other. alright? and after we can just forget about each other." he says.
"do you even wanna talk about last night?" i ask. he looks at me.
"what's there to talk about? i ruined your birthday. i made a fool out of myself. and whatever possible chance of us getting back together there was, is gone. there's nothing to talk about." he says and opens his door. i close it.
"yes there is." i say
"no there's not." he opens it again. i close it.
"there is. there's a lot." i say. he opens it again.
"no. there's not ok?" he says. i push him away and close the door and lean against it.
"i'm not leaving until you talk." i say.
"ryan." he says reaching for the door knob. i smash his hand away.
"no." i say.
"talk." i add. he looks and me and next thing i now, he throws me over his shoulder and opens the door. he sets me outside and then closes the door.
"Jack!" i exclaim, pounding on the door. he doesn't answer. i try the door knob but he locked it. i groan but then remember something. when i was a kid, in all the house i lived in, there was always a little key on top of the door frame. my mom used it when i was going through my 'punk-i don't give a fuck' phase. i stan don my toot toes and reach above the door frame. i feel around until i touch a small metal piece. i smirk and grab it. i then slide it in the lock and turn it, then throw the door open. Jack looks at me from his bed.
"how the fuck?" he asks. i stuff the key in my back pocket and then close the door .
"i always find a way." i say to him. he shakes his head.
"i don't wanna talk." he says.
"i don't care." i say crossing my arms and standing by the door.
"do you know how easily it would be for me to pick you up and put you out again?" he asks getting up.
"don't." i say to him. he stands in front of me and reach for the doorknob. i go to smack his hand away, put his other hand, grabs my wrist lightly, but hard enough to hold it back.
"i have another hand." i say raising my other arm. he gives me a look.
"don't try me." i warn him. he looks at me and just then, i realize how close we are. so does he.
"don't try me." he says back. i can't help but glance down at his lips. a smile pulls on them. i look back up and pull up wrist away. only to wrap my arms around his neck and bring him down to me. our lips connect and i explode. man, i missed this.