28

ryan's pov -later that night-
everyone one is here and having a really good time. and i'm glad. but i'm not having as much fun as i thought i would.
"hey birthday girl. you feeling alright?" hayes asks, coming and sitting next to me. i nod with a smile.
"a little bored." i say with a shrug.
"you can't be bored at your own birthday!" he exclaims. i laugh, setting my cup on the little table.
"too late." i say. just then sammy walks up.
"you good?" he asks.
"she's bored." hayes answers. sammy makes a face.
"well have to change that." he says, setting his cup down. i frown as hayes stands up.
"what are you guys doing?" i ask as they pick me up. i then realize it.
"oh no no no no no no no!" i squeal, trying to get away, causing everyone to look at us.
"don't!" i scream with a laugh.
"1! 2! 3!" they both yell and throw me. on my way down, i grab hayes's arm and he goes in with me. i go under and then come back up, pushing my hair out of my face. i flip off sammy and he laughs. everyone and is cheering and clapping. netting thing i know, i'm being lifted up on hayes shoulders.
"shit!" i yell with a laugh.
"chicken fight!" swazz yells, picking up jill and jumping in the pool. i laugh as jill comes up on swazz's shoulders.
"shake hands." swazz says. hayes goes closer and i reach out to shake hands with jill but push her. which backs fires and i end up falling as well. i come back up and jill and i laugh.
"well that sucked." i say. she nods with a smile. she gets out along with swazz and i go on hayes back and he holds me by my lower thigh. i lay my head on his shoulder.
"having fun now?" he asks. i nod.
"thank you." i say and kiss his cheek. he nods.
"anytime. anytime." he says. i get off his back and swim to the steps, getting out. as i get out, skate and seek start squirting me with water guns.
"ah!" i scream and try to run away. they follow me. i pick up one of the water guns and start squirting them. jill joins me and so does alex. the guys surrender. i high five the girls. i then run to skate and push him in. i look at derek. he looks down at the water gun.
"don't make any sudden moves or your a goner." i say. he squints at me and then starts to do the loser fortnite dance. i can't help but laugh. he takes that opportunity to grab me and jump in. as we come up i smile and shake my head.
"you guys suck." i say getting our. they laugh.
"nice ass!" derek yells.
"you can kiss it!" i yell back and flip him off. he laughs. i grab a noodle and start walking him with it. all the girls start laughing.
"put the noodle down!" jill yells. i turn to her with the noodle raised. she's pointing a water gun at me. i wack it out of her hands. i then turn around quickly and wack someone behind me. the guys laugh and i go wide eyed. i hit Jack in the face.
"oh my god." i say covering my mouth with a laugh. he shakes his head with a smile , putting his hand on his cheek.
"i came to talk to you." he says.
"or see if we could go talk." he adds.
"i'm busy." i answer back and wack derek.
"ow! what the fuck?" he says with a laugh.
"ryan, forreal." Jack says.
"later ok?" i say, not looking at him. he walks away. as i'm watching him, derek grabs my legs and pulls me in.
"fuck!" i scream before i go under. i come back up and splash him. he wipes his face and splashed me back. next thing i know. him and skate are tag teaming me and i'm swimming away from them. as i'm doing so, i feel my top come loose. i look down and make a weird noise and pull it back up.
"wait wait wait!" i tell. they stop.
"jill." i say getting out of the pool one handed. i walk to her and she laughs.
"how did that happen?" derek asks with a laugh.
"hell if i know." i say, turning around. jill laughs and ties it again.
"i don't wanna play anymore." i say sitting on the edge of the pool.
"this game is stupid. i don't wanna play anymore." skate says in a baby voice getting out. i laugh and flip him off. i always used to say that when him, jill and i were little. they would tag team on me in tag and i'd always be it. so that was what i said and then stormed away pouting. he smiles and ruffles my hair a little before going to the guys.

Jack's pov
"i honestly could see derek and ryan getting together or something." emily says and motions to them. i clench my jaw as i see him splashing her as she sits on the edge of the pool. she smiles and playfully kicks him.
"same!" tez exclaims.
"they act like they've known each other for years." swazz says.
"that's cute though." jill says. everyone agrees.
"i don't know. derek's a good 5 years older then her. if that. maybe six." skate says.
"5 years and 14 days." dillion specifies.
"ohh. mr, technical." skate says shoving dillion lightly.
"oop. they're going inside." jill says and motions. we all look and i see ryan look at us and point to the house. jill gives her and thumbs up and ryan gives a wave and then they walk inside.
"gilinsky. dude. unclench that jaw man. you're gonna get sore." johnson says. i roll my eyes.
"you guys are just gonna let that happen?" i ask and motion to the house. they shrug.
"they probably aren't doing anything. and ryan is legal." sammy says.
"ok and? he's 5 years older hen her." i say.
"if your so worried about her then maybe you should've thought about that before you said what you said." tez says with a shrug. i glare at him.
"for your own safety tez, i would shut the fuck up." hayes says.
"no. he's gonna be so upset about what she does yet he broke up with her. she's not yours anymore dude. deal with it." tez says.
"i'd listen to hayes." i say.
"i'm not gonna do shit. if you are afraid of losing her. don't be. you can't lose what you've already lost. so what if her and derek hookup. she's a grown woman and shouldn't have to follow your rules. maybe she likes derek because he's more charming then you or someshit." he says with a shrug.
"they could be in there fuckin, right now." he adds. that's it. i've had it. i slam my cup down and get up and storm to the back door.
"gilinsky!" i hear johnson call. i throw the door open and walk in.
"Jack!" i hear jill yell. i hear ryan's laugh coming from the living room. i make my way there. i'm fuming now.
"are you fucking serious dude?!" i yell. derek looks at me.
"what your fucking problem?" he asks.
"what's my problem? what the fuck is your problem? you're the one over here fucking around with ryan!" i yell.
"Jack!" skate yells walking into the living room.
"last time i checked, you broke up with her." he says. i read my fist back just as ryan steps between us.
"don't!" she yells at me.
"you cannot fight every guy that breaths my fucking way Jack! i'm sick and tired of your shit!" she yells. i put my arm down.
"grow some balls and learn that sometimes, you have to face reality. not beat the shit out of it." she says.
"you're the one who broke up with me. we aren't together. we aren't talking. we aren't on a break. so don't fucking come in here thinking you own me!" she yells and shoved me back lightly.
"ryan." skate says.
"leave me alone." she says to him.
"this is my birthday. this night was supposed to be fun. i was supposed to forget about you. everything with you. and just when i start to, you have to come back and ruin everything!" she yells again, shoving me again.
"ryan." jill says grabbing her arm. ryan yanks it away. i've never seen her like this.
"no. i'm sick of this...this shit! the party's over. go home." she tells derek and the others and then storms away and upstairs. derek looks at me.
"waita ruin her birthday." i charge at him but skate stops me.
"cut it out!" he yells.
"do what ryan said and grow some balls or grow up! your 21! not 14. so act like it." he says. i stare at him and scuff then walk away and upstairs to my room. i slam the door shut. great. i've ruined so much more now.