Chapter 45: Snow & Yuki vs Mest & Wendy (Tenrou Arc)

"I want to know. I want to know your abilities." Mest said.

Yuki prepares his Magic so he can begin the fight.

"Mest-san, they're going to attack!" Wendy warned.

Immediately after that, Yuki attacks Mest with a regular punch. Mest defends himself against the attack and detaches himself from Yuki.

"Of all people, It's Mest and Wendy we get to fight with..." Yuki said.

"I ain't holding back!" Snow yelled. "Black Dragon's Roar!" A massive blue light aims towards where Mest was standing.

The attack seems to have hit Mest, but Mest suddenly appears behind Snow. "When did he..." Mest attempts to kick him.

Snow blocks the attack and engages Mest once more.

"Power...Power of the heavens! Sky Dragon's Roar!" Wendy attacks Yuki with her breath attack.

"Ice Dragon's Roar!" Yuki counters the attack with his breath attack. Wendy continues to attack, but Yuki easily blocks her attack. "That's some force..."

"Black Dragon's Scythe!" Snow's right arm turns into a hook as he sends Wendy backwards. Mest goes to aid Wendy, attacking Yuki.

"Ice Dragon's Arrows!" Yuki attacks Mest, but it misses, hitting a boulder as Mest appears behind him.

Snow quickly attacks Mest to defend Yuki. "Black Dragon's Wing Attack!" He then defeats Mest by sending him backwards, causing him to go unconscious.

With Mest defeated, Snow and Yuki turn their attention to Wendy. "All that's left is Wendy! I ain't gonna hold back, either!" Snow exclaimed. "I'm leaving her to you, Yuki!"

"Ultimate Secret Technique: Just Eating Pickled Plums!" Yuki pulls out a jar of pickled plums. He grabs multiple plums and begins to eat them, causing his lips to pucker.

Wendy's lips begin to pucker as well. "I'm not even eating them, but just watching makes my mouth pucker up! Is this some kind of transmission magic? I can only run!" Wendy forces herself to run away

However, Snow blocks her path. He grabs her from behind. "Gotcha! Watch him as you suffer..." He forces her to watch Yuki eat the plums with his puckered lips. Wendy is left screaming.

After defeating Mest and Wendy, Snow and Yuki walk to the meeting place of those who pass the first test.

"Right on! We cleared the first test!" Snow cheered.

"Although if Natsu, for example, lost against Freed in the first test, I'd feel better about what's coming up." Yuki said. "Well, Cana might be a tough one."

"Don't be a fool. There's no such thing as an easy path to becoming an S-Class Wizard." Snow said.

"I know, I know." Yuki answered. "I was just thinking we did well by beating Mest."

"Speaking of which...was he always that weak?" Snow asked. "Putting Wendy aside...I thought he was stronger before."

"It's that you've gotten stronger."

"Huh. I can't remember. Have I fought with him before?" Snow tries to remember Mest's presence.

"Oh? Memory loss now, too? Lucy'll think that's hot." Yuki teased.

"Hmm...Mest said that he got pretty far in last year's exam..." Snow said.

"Yes, he did..."

"He...who was his partner last time?"

"Huh? Who was it, again?"

"Why is it? I can't remember at all." Snow muttered.

"I may have not been in the guild for a long time. But i feel like i know him from somewhere."