When will it end?

Eric: The Dauntless Traitor

Chapter 5

Shai Pov.

After, Eric dropped me off at the dorms. I walk in and everyone that was in there stared at me as I walk to my bunk. Then I remembered that I skipped dinner. I cursed under my breath. I looked at the clock. Dinner would be over in twenty minutes. I rush out the dorms to the cafeteria. I walk in and find Stacy right away. I sit down quickly next to her. She looks at me. "What happened with Peter?" I shake my head. "I'll tell you later when we are in private." I say while glancing at the people that are listening to our conversation. Then I notice Peter was across the table. "No. Why don't you tell them your little secret? So I don't have to." Peter says and smirks. My eyes start to tear up and I run out of the cafeteria. I run to the chasms and sit down with my feet dangling off. Tears fall from my eyes but I don't whip them away. Then I hear footsteps coming towards me. I turn around to see Four. He stops in behind me and looks at me. "What did Peter do now?" He questions. I shake my head. "I'm afraid he will tell everyone my secret about what happened in my life in Erudite." I choke out through tears. "Oh that secret that Eric won't tell me?" He says. I nod. "Can you please just leave, so I can be by myself..." I ask. He nods and keeps walking where he was going. Eventually, I walk back to dorms. I walk in and ignore everyone, even Stacy. I lay on my bed with my back turned to every one and drift off to a dreamless sleep.

Eric Pov.

That night I had trouble sleeping thinking about everything Shai told me. The next morning I get up and do my daily routine. Wake up, shower, brush teeth, hair, piercings, leave. I walk to the cafeteria and when I walk in the it gets a bit quieter. I smirk at all the power and fear I have from them. I walk over to where Four and Zeke are. Once I sit, everyone gets loud. I grab a muffin and begin to eat. Four glances at me and frowns. "What?" I say with confusion. "I'll tell you later." He says not even looking at me. I just nod.

Me and Four leave the cafeteria and walk to the training room twenty minutes early. We set up all the punching bags and matts. Once were done Four turns and stares at me. "Well, what's going on?" I say crossing my arms in front of my chest. "When I was walking to my apartment, I went by the chasms." He says and I nod. "And Shai was sitting there and crying." I look at him in a confused way. "I thought Peter done something again but she said that she's afraid he will tell that secret she told you." I sigh in frustration. "If he tells, her life will be over and she would probably jump off the chasms." I say. "What so big about this secret?" Four says in a demanding voice. "I promised I wouldn't tell anyone. She doesn't want everyone to think she is weak." I say. "I told her that she should tell you but she said doesn't trust you yet." He just nods and then all the transfers come piling in.

"Alright today you will learn some combat training." Four says. He walks over to the punching bag and shows them punches and kicks. I glance at Shai and she is standing in the back alone. When Four is done they start to practice on the punching bags. I walk behind them give them tips. They usually are just terrified and stop punching till I pass. I walk behind Shai and her stance is wrong. I grunt and shake my head. "What?" She says turning to look at me. "Your stance is wrong, here." I turn her around and put my hands on her waist to shift her but she jumps away. Then I remember yesterday. "Sorry I forgot..." I mumble so only she can hear. She comes back towards me I tell her shift a little without touching her again. "Now, try." I say and she does and the punching bag moves farther back. "Good. Keep it up." She nods and punches it again. I keep walking down the line but everyone seems to have it down. Four gives me a weird look. He must of seen what Shai did when I put my hands on her waist. I shake me head and whisper, "shes still shooken up by the Peter thing." He stops giving me that weird look and nods.

Then we dismiss them for lunch. I walk behind them and keep my eye on Peter. He walks over to Shai. Shai looks at him and she shakes with fear. He puts his hand over her shoulder. She jumps out of his arms and walks behind me. Peter turns around and smirks at her. I give Peter a death glare. His face is covered in fear now and he turns away. I smirk at Shai. She mouths, 'Thank you'. I nod at her. And we keep walking to the cafeteria.