Killing two birds with one stone

Eric: The Dauntless Traitor

Chapter 20

Please read what I left after you finish the chapter!

Eric Pov.

         After about an hour later the computer screen turns black and the little light in the corner turns red. I sigh in relief sitting back up in chair, popping my neck from having to crane my neck so I couldn’t see the screen. It was painful being forced to listen to her screams. Cries of pain. Sobs for help.

         And all I could do was sit there and listen because I couldn’t get out of stupid ropes. Ropes! I don’t know how I can’t get out of them because for my Dauntless leader training I had to learn how to. And I have tried every possible way to get out of fucking ropes. Look for loose ends, loosen ropes, or anything sharp around.

         Whoever tied these ropes had to know what a Dauntless leader would be looking for. And soon that question is answered when the person I would expect the least walks through the door. “Max?!” I exclaim when he shuts the door behind him. Max looks at me with his very familiar scowl and his lips in a straight line.

         “You know Eric I didn’t make you a leader so you could fall in love with a slut that’s Divergent.” Max says slowly and I glare at him with a stone hard face. “So since you have you have a choice to make.” Max adds and the computer to my right comes to life.

         There’s nothing on the screen and I look back at Max. “Which is?” I snap through gritted teeth and Max smirks at me. “Which is to choose to be known as Eric: The Dauntless Leader,” Max pauses as the computer brings up a video image of Shailene strapped to a chair like me. Jeanie is standing behind her with a syringe in her hand that appears to be purple, Death serum.

         I snap my head back over to Max as he just smirks at me again. “You’re not going to touch her!” I growl and Max just rolls his eyes at me before continuing on what he was saying. “Or known as Eric: The Dauntless Traitor.” Max says before I see something move behind him. I quickly notice the tattoo curling over their neck, Four. I then turn back to Max opening my mouth ready to tell him my decision.

Shai Pov.

         I now sit fully dressed in a chair which I’m tied to, sitting in front of a camera. Jeanie told me that Eric was on the other side watching me. Or more like she meant was that he was being forced to watch me be raped and murdered. I now that purple syringe anywhere, Death serum.

         Jeanie has some kind of speaker on the metal table next to me that picking up voices such as Eric’s and Max’s. And let’s say I wasn’t very surprised Max was in on this. At the moment I’m waiting on Eric to answer Max’s question. But I notice movement in the corner of my eye. I make sure Jeanie’s not paying attention before I look over there slowly.

         In a dark corner on the other side of the room I see Zeke. I smile a little at him before he points at Jeanie and motions me to turn around. I nod once before turning back around and wait for surprise Jeanie and Max are going to get.

Eric Pov.

“I would rather be known as a traitor to Dauntless than to give up on someone I love.” I say sternly before Four quickly pulls out a gun and pressing it to Max’s back. Max sighs deeply as he realizes who’s behind him. “Four it’s good to see you.” Max says sarcastically and Four just grunts at him.

         Suddenly I hear a gunshot fire and I look at the screen to see Zeke pointing at a body that lying on the ground covered in blood. Jeanie.

Shai Pov.

         Suddenly Eric’s voice comes out of the speaker. “I would rather be known as a traitor to Dauntless than to give up on someone I love.” I smile instantly at his words and Jeanie quickly frowns, sighing. “It’s time for you to die now.” Jeanie says to me inching the needle closer and closer to my neck before gunshots fill my ears. Soon I watch as Jeanie slumps down to the ground.

         Zeke comes out from the darkness still pointing the gun at the lifeless body before grabbing a knife out of his boot. He quickly starts to cut the ropes off my body. Once their gone I jump into Zeke’s arms giving him a huge hug. He returns it before grabbing my arm gently and taking me out of the room.

Eric Pov.

         Four slowly creeps around Max still pointing the gun at Max. Four pulls out a knife and cuts my hands and arms loose before giving me the knife to do the rest. Once I cut all the ropes off I take the gun from Four and point it at Maxes head. “Any last words?” I ask and Max rolls his eyes. “If your so brave then go ahead shoot me.” Max sneers and I chuckle a little. “Oh I am.” I say before I pull back the trigger and the bullet goes into Max’s skull.

         Max instantly slumps to the ground and I hand the gun back to Four not looking at Max again. We walk to the door and turn the corner. Suddenly someone throws them self on me gripping me tightly. I recognize her dirty blonde hair instantly. I hug her back instantly not wanting this to end.

Third Person Pov.

         The four of them quickly get out of the small abandoned building and quickly jumping on the train. The wind whistles and the train rails screech as the train continues on its route. Four and Zeke sit in the far corner of the cart leaving the couple alone to talk.

         Eric sits on the cold, steel floor legs stretched out in front of him, while leaning his back against the wall. And the brave Erudite transfer sits on his lap while laying against his hard but comfortable chest. They have been like this for a while enjoying the quietness after their long horrible day.

         Eventually Eric breaks the silence with his raspy voice. “I’m so sorry this had to happen to you.” He whispers to the girl in his lap that he’s deeply in love with. The girl looks at her boyfriend with confusion. “How can you be sorry when it’s not your fault?” Shai asks and Eric stays quiet not knowing what to say.

         Finally he blurts out four words he has been waiting to say for a long time. “I love you, Shailene.” He confesses and the grey eyes seem to smile at Eric. “I love you too, Eric.” She admits and they both grin at each other happiness in their eyes.

         Then they go back to quietness and they both stare out the train door watching the buildings go by. Not worrying about anything they are going to have to deal with when they jump off the train into Dauntless.    

Oh my god do you know hard it is to say that the next chapter will be the epilogue?! So pretty much this was the last chapter. So at the end of the epilogue please read what I have to say.
~IMDIVERGENT160