Epilogue

Eric: The Dauntless Traitor

Epilogue

One Year Later...

Shai Pov.

After everything that had happened with Jeanie and Max, everything seems perfect. I'm not sure how to explain it but it's amazing. I finished the finale stage to get into Dauntless in second. Eric became the head leader of Dauntless. My job is to train newbies and work at the tattoo parlor.

I was offered leadership but I turned it down because I wasn't up to something like that. But the newbies are terrified of me because I am a Dauntless leader's girlfriend.

After my first time at being a trainer was I was very happy with the outcome. Since Four got a girlfriend that was from Abnegation, Tris. I always knew she would pass since the moment she landed on that net first, even though everyone thought she would fail.

Maggie finally introduced me to her boyfriend, Carter. He has brownish, orange hair and brown eyes with moles on his face. He is a big joker and I think he's perfect for her being my best friend and all.

Anyways at the moment I am in Eric and I's apartment looking for my boots, that I leave by the door every day. "Eric!" I yell looking in our bedroom as Eric walks out of the bathroom. Steam comes out of the door going around Eric who is just wearing a towel around his waist.

"What?" He asks making his way to the dresser pulling out some boxers. "Where are my boots?!" I exclaim and Eric shrugs, dropping his towel pulling his boxers up. "Well their not by the door and I have to get to work or Tori is going to kill me." I ramble on before Eric walks towards me shaking my boots in front of my face.

"You left them in the bathroom again." Eric says with a smile and I grab them from him. I quickly pull them on standing up from the bed giving Eric a quick kiss. Just as I was about to walk out of our bedroom, Eric pulls me back by the waist. I spin around and Eric crashes our lips together. I kiss back running my fingers threw his damp hair before slowly pulling away with a smile. "I love you." Eric tells me and I grin up at him. "I love you too." I respond giving him one last kiss before pulling out of Eric's grip leaving the apartment.

Eric Pov.

I smile as Shai kisses me again before leaving to go to the tattoo parlor. I quickly get dressed and head out the apartment towards Four's. I have a big surprise for Shailene tonight and Four is going to help me set it up.

After I get Four we head to where the net is that you jump on when you get into Dauntless. I made sure to close it off for the night. Then Four and I get to work on hanging up lights, all around the net. After we finish that we head to the roof and make some little picnic for me and Shai.

Shai Pov.

Once I finish my last tattoo I put everything away before heading to the door. I say a quick bye to Tori before walking out. When I walk out I see Eric standing there with a smile on his face. "What are you doing here?" I ask after giving him a quick kiss. "I have a surprise for you." Eric says taking my hand in his and pulling me with him through the halls of Dauntless.

Finally, we stop on the roof and I am shocked by what I see. There's a black blanket spread out on the gravel, with food spread around it. There's also candles around the blanket. "You like it?" Eric asks and I glance over at him smiling. "Of course I do!" I exclaim jumping in his arms hugging him.

Then we sit down and eat while talking to each other. After a while we just lay on the blanket, me in Eric's arms as we gaze up at the stars. "I have one more surprise." Eric admits and I look up at him. "Yeah and what's that?" I ask and Eric stands up pulling me with him.

We make our way over to where you jump into Dauntless. "Wait about thirty seconds before you jump down okay?" Eric says and I nod giving him a smile. Eric walks up on the ledge before falling backwards.

I wait like Eric told me to before getting up on the ledge. At that moment I feel like I'm wearing my old Erudite clothing standing here staring down at the hole. And when I was up here for the first time the only thing running through my mind was that if I jump he's going to be down there. Like right now that's all that's on my mind. If I jump I will get to see him.

So I do, I jump upward before I start falling, my jacket snapping in the wind. Then I land on the net bouncing up slightly with a grin on my face. I crawl to the end of the net before stopping seeing what's in front of me. I see Eric standing on one knee with a black box in his hand.

I cover my opened mouth with my hand as Eric opens his mouth to speak. "Shailene Mathews you have always been my friend from the start. But before I came to Dauntless I always loved you. I never got the chance to show you but now I can." Eric pauses opening the box revealing a black diamonded ring.

"Shailene Mathews will do the honor of marrying me?" Eric asks and tears fill my eyes while I remove my hand from my mouth.

Eric Pov.

I watch as she removes her hand from her mouth and smiles. "Yes!" She exclaims and I break into a grin. I quickly pull her off the net, pulling her into a passionate kiss. She grins in the kiss before kissing back with the same amount of passion. Soon we pull away and I pull the ring out of the box. I gently grab Shai's left hand before sliding the ring on into a perfect fit.

I don't know how I got so lucky to have her. I mean I was a terrible person before but she changed me and I'm grateful for that. I've never been so in love with a person like this. I don't know what I would have done if she never joined Dauntless and became the brave person she is. I don't care that she's Divergent because now she's my Divergent. My true love that I will now marry.

To be honest I don't know what to say. I loved this story so much it makes me sad it's over. I love you guys for supporting this story. Your support is what kept me writting this. If it wasn't for you guys or the people in my life I never would have thought this was possiable. Also I cried writing this because I love my characters and Veronica's characters so much in the way I wrote this story. And no before you comment there will be no sequel. But that doesn't mean I won't be writing anymore Divergent fanfictions. So again I love you guys and thank you for the support. Bye.

P.S. INSURGENT WAS AMAZING!!

~IMDIVERGENT160