The Transfer

Eric:The Dauntless Traitor

Chapter1

Eric Pov.

I stand by the net and watch the new initiates land on the net. As far as I have seen there are a lot of Erudite. I hope none of them notice me. I don't bother to pay attention to them in till I see her. The girl that I had a crush on in Erudite. She was Jeanie Mathews's daughter. I'm surprised to see Shailene even here because since her mother is leader of Erudite. We used to talk and study together. Witch we really hung out and pretended to study. We both hated reading as much as we had to in Erudite. We done that in till her mother wouldn't let her do anything with me because she had to study with her mom to become a future leader of Erudite. I always have hated Jeanie, shes such a bitch. Anyways, she jumps off the net and looks strait at me. I stare back at her with no expression. Even though I want to jump up and down because she's here. But I don't. I just stand there staring at her with no emotion as she stares at me. I hear Four ask for her name and she looks at him and says something and looks back at me. "Fifth Jumper, Shai!" Four yells. "Welcome to Dauntless." Four says. She nods at him and starts to walk towards me. "Eric?" She says looking me strait in the eyes. "Shailene." I say looking away from her. "I see you passed intention." She says. I nod. "What do you do now?" She asks looking at the ground. "I'm a Dauntless leader." I say glancing at her. She nods and walks over to the other initiates.

Shai Pov.

As I walk to the other initiates. I really liked Eric when he hung out and pretended to study. I swore the last time I got to hang out with him that he all most tried to kiss me but my mother ruined that. She thought if I got a boyfriend that he would distract me from my studies to be a Erudite leader. Sucks for her, I'm Dauntless now! My mother's jaw dropped when my blood dripped on the coals instead of the water. I wanted to laugh in her face. Did she really think I would stay? After ever thing she did to me!

When I get to where the other initiates are, they stare at me in a weird way. "What?" I snap at them. "Does Eric not scare the shit out of you?!" A candor boy spits out. "Why, are you scared?" I say with a smirk. Then I turn to listen to Four. He's hot but not for me. Eric is the only one for me.

(Eric and Four are friends!)

Eric Pov.

I stand next to Four while he tells the transfers what will be in stage one. Shai stands there and stares at me. In till I give her a glare to stop. Then she just looks at Four and glances at me every once in a while. After Four is done talking he gives them a tour of Dauntless and I go to the cafeteria for lunch. I sit at my usual table with Zeke and Four. Four comes in and sits down after he gave the transfers a tour. "So what do think about the transfers?" Four asks as he sits down. "Just another bunch of know it all Erudites and Candor smart mouths." I say. He nods. "What about that Shai girl?" He asks. "What about her?" I say glancing at him. "She kept staring at you and she came over and talked to you." He says looking at me. "She remembered me from Erudite." I say looking back at him. He nods and then nudges me to look at the transfers table. I look to find Shai staring at me. I roll my eyes and Zeke and Four laugh.