Chapter Seven (Amneris)

"So, what's the mist thing?" Leo's voice made Amneris turn her head slightly. He was talking to Colt by the sound of it. "How do you do it?"

"Magic," was all Colt said.

Amneris rolled her eyes just as Nikki let out a roar, slowly moving towards the ground at the sight of a group of people. Upon landing, the three jumped off the dragon's back. Nikki shifted back into her Fae form, stretching once again. "Be glad I'm so strong, you guys. I'm not carrying the whole Court." She placed her hands on her hips, seeming annoyed. "I'm not transport, you know."

"We know, Nikki," Amneris and Leo said in unison, giving each other a look.

By that time, the group had appeared in front of them. Amneris grinned at the sight of her Court – her family. Sixteen years. She hugged them each in turn, never wanting to let them go for that long again. She had become used to having a family once again. Sure, talking over the phone was good, but seeing them in person was so much better.

"How was being human?" Carmin Yzuka asked with a laugh, her gloved hands rubbing her friend's arms.

Amneris groaned. "I thought I was gonna die!" She smirked at Leo over her shoulder. "I have no idea how you handled it for twenty-five years." They all laughed, Leo gently hitting the back of her head. She noticed Colt standing over to the side, watching them all closely. She went over to him, gently pulling him towards her Court. Almost immediately, they all glared at the Terpolite. She rolled her eyes. "At least introduce yourselves?"

Reluctantly, they did:

Leo Inu: The man with long obsidian hair tied at his nape. His eyes were midnight black – seeming to devour the light around them – and his skin was golden-bronze. He had been a human on Earth about four thousand years ago. "Queen's General," he said with his arms crossed, that almost-permanent scowl on his features.

Nikki Day: The woman with black curled shoulder-length hair with indigo streaks running through it. Her lime eyes were bright against her dark skin. She had golden markings around her wrists. She was a shapeshifter on Earth about three thousand years ago. "Queen's Second. A pleasure to meet you." She gave Colt a small bow.

Zoe Aniju: The woman with a cream pixie-cut, some of the tips a bright fuscia. She had bluebell eyes and fair skin which was quite common among her people. She was a Light-Bender originally from Erstonia about two-thousand five-hundred years ago. "Queen's Spy, though I prefer my Blacksmithing among other things," she told Colt with a smirk.

Carmin Yzuka: the crimson-eyed woman with red-tinged medium-beige skin and long, straight ruby hair streaked walnut. She had black dragon wings with scarlet vein-like patterns, tipped with shining obsidian talons. She was a Dragonoid from a planet called Dragmire about two-thousand years ago. "I have a special gift that this Court uses when necessary." Her voice was kind as always, though it was clear she was not going to say anything else.

Dan Yzuka: Like Carmin, he was also a Dragonoid from about two-thousand years ago. His eyes were amber, the same skin as Carmin, and shoulder-length brown hair cut messily. He had dragon wings identical to Carmin's aside from the fact that the talons were silver. His arm seemed to be permanently around her. "Main Strategist for the Queen."

Jay Winston: He had several silver piercings in one of his pointed ears which stuck out of his close-cropped lemon-blonde hair. His fair skin and azure eyes meant he could almost be mistaken for a Light-Bender but was actually a Fae from Zievis about six-hundred years ago. He seemed to have a cocky smile pasted to his face which screamed trouble. "Assassin and most awesome jokester you will ever meet." Everyone but Colt groaned.

Kayla Far: Out of everyone in the Court, she was the only one with gills on each side of her light skin, slightly covered by her tortilla hair. Her hazel eyes were surrounded by waves and had a sparkling blue raindrop on each temple. Three-hundred years ago, she had been on the world Keprairilia and was a Zer. "I'm the Court's Healer and baby-sitter of this arsehole." She pointed at Jay who looked more than offended