God, I'm a mess. I scolded myself, attempting to run my fingers through my hair with my free hand.

There was then a loud banging on my door causing me to pause from washing my face.

" Come on man I gotta take a leak! " Junior exclaimed from the other side of the door.

I rolled my eyes before wiping the soap residue off my face. " Wait a minute, you a big boy hold ya bladder."

" Hold my–You got ten seconds or I'm knocking you down."

" Junior just–"

" Ten!  Nine!"

" Junior."

" Eight...Seven-"

" Fine! " I yanked the door open and almost immediately he shoved me out of his way, slamming the door behind him.

" You need to hurry up so I can fix my hair." I demanded, my eyes narrowing once hearing him snicker.

" Sorry you know the rules sis, everyone has to have their turn before someone can use the bathroom again."

I scoffed at his words, knowing him he probably didn't even have to ' take a leak' in the first place.

" Junior stop playing dirty you could've waited a couple more minutes."

" Yeah right, a couple of minutes my ass, I see these flat irons...that bird nest on your head would've took at least an hour and one of dad's prayers."

I clenched my jaw as I contemplated before nodding my head at the sound of running water. " Alright remember this." I spat, I could just imagine him mocking me from the other side of the door.

I turned the corner with a bubbling scheme forming in my head but my thoughts of revenge ceased when hearing my mother's voice in the kitchen.

" Hey bab–... rough morning?" She questioned causing my lips to twist in embarrassment.

" Yeah, your son robbed me out of my bathroom time." I spat bitterly as she patted my hair with a soft giggle. I probably look like I belong with the fiends down on Kirkson Street or something.

" Well go get my curlers instead and I'll do it."

" No it's fine Ma, I wanna start doing things myself. I'm nearly a woman now–"

" Wow wow wow, slow down. You still got some years to go." Dad barged in promptly. The possibility of me turning into a woman was the last thing he wanted to consider, if it was up to him both Alyssa and I would still be little girls playing with dolls and princess costumes.

I chuckled as I fixed my plate with pancakes, eggs, and a nice amount of bacon before deciding to make Alyssa's plate.

Our kitchen unlike Aunt Dorthy's didn't have double doors, it was a small section that had an open concept to the dining area. And our dining area merged with our living room.

Our apartment was just right, Although they could've spared an extra bathroom in this place, but besides that...it was just right.

I didn't mind sharing a room with Alyssa either. We set rules and boundaries, I decorated my half of the room and she decorated hers. And of course our items were off limits without asking.