Clingy and Curious

Start from the beginning

"I don't like the way he looks at you, sweet heart," Michael finally admits and I scowl.

"Are you kidding me? You just pulled me away from our professor!" I say very loudly, and Thomas turns around to watch the whole ordeal unfold.

"You just got jealous over someone whose not even allowed to fuck me? Seriously?"

Yeah I want to sleep with this professor, but that's none of Michael's business.

"You're not my boyfriend, and even if you were you have no right to do that!"

Michael looks like he's been slapped across the face but I don't care. I throw my back pack back on and storm to the door.

I glance over at Thomas who looks like he's suppressing a grin.

Great, he's an asshole too.

"And don't you dare follow me!" I finish, and speed out.

How dare he think he has control over me!

I pull my phone out and dial Fiona's number.

"Ditch class, were getting coffee."

***

Fiona, Clara, and myself are sitting at a little corner table in the cafe that Clara works at.

Business is slow enough that Clara can visit for a while before having to pretend to look busy so i start explaining everything from the way he ordered for me, the way he puts his hand on my lower back, showing up everywhere, and already being jealous.

"Wow That is crazy behavior!" Clara speaks up first. "Cut him off right now before you end up tied up in his basement!"

"Don't be so dramatic, Clara." Fiona says as she rolls her eyes. "So this boy is crazy about you, that's kind of a good thing don't you think?"

I stare between my two friends in amazement. Their opinions are so polarizing that I don't know what to do.

"He's not crazy about her so much as he's just crazy, don't encourage Sophia to stay with a guy like that." Clara defends. "He got jealous over some Professor!"

"Well maybe he had a reason, I don't know Sophia, were you giving him a reason?" Fiona asks, trying to be subtle about my illicit activities with Professor Thomas Crane while also blaming me.

"We are just talking." I say through gritted teeth. "And even if I were fucking him on his desk it's none of Michael's business!" I add and Fiona goes silent.

"Amen!" Clara coos, raising her cup of coffee as she cheers. "Sophia should just stay single forever, it's easier that way."

I'm confused by Claras last words, but I don't have time to ponder them before Fiona gets up and storms to the bathroom.

Clara sighs. "Looks like we're having our first fight, I'm going to follow her."

"Good luck," I offer with a distant smile as Clara gets up to deal with her lovers quarrel.

I sit by myself now, slowly sipping my creamy coffee. I don't usually skip class but if I had to look at Thomas while sitting next to Michael for a whole hour today I think I'd have lost my mind.

Maybe I am being too hard on Michael? It is nice to be wanted by someone that you can actually be with.

Or maybe me and Clara are right and he's one more rejection away from locking me in his trunk.

I don't really know what to do. I just wish that I could have Thomas. Any attraction I have towards Michael seems to be purely physical and that's not enough to form a relationship.