His and Her Path Crosses

🌸🌸🌸

Petrichor. The pleasant smell of the earth permeating through the surroundings after a drizzle or rain.

Sang Mina liked this smell very much. For her, it meant a decrease in the surrounding's temperature. From hot breeze to cool breeze. From a hot sunny weather to a cool, cloudy one.

And during these times, what Sang Mina liked to do was to just chill in their dormitory room's sofa and stare at the scenery outside. Or lay in bed and watch a drama or read a web novel.

That was why when her roommate, Si Wan-er, invited her to go to their university's food district to grab a bite, Sang Mina was quite reluctant to go.

While tying her hair into a layered ponytail, Si Wan-er tried to convince her to go. "Mina, are you going or not? My card is going to be completely stamped after this meal. You can have a free burger and smoothie of your choice."

Sang Mina paused the drama she was watching on her laptop and looked at Si Wan-er. From her bed, Sang Mina could see Si Wan-er's smiling face which was reflected in the mirror of her roommate's vanity table.

"Why do you want me to go with you?" Sang Mina asked, not that she was really curious though. Sang Mina truly did not want to go. She was too lazy to go outside especially if the weather is too hot. Though it just rained and the temperature was cool, she really was too lazy to move.

There is a type of person that conserves her energy and Sang Mina belonged to this type. If it was not necessary for her to move, she would not move. That was why all the things she needed in her daily life was near her bed so she would not have to waste her energy walking an extra step if she could just reach for them by extending her arms and bending her body.

Ah, but I really want a choco-banana smoothie right now. But I'm too lazy to move. But I want that smoothie. What to do...

"So?" Si Wan-er turned around to look at Sang Mina but after seeing the expression on her face, Si Wan-er walked towards her until she was standing in front of her bed. "You're too lazy to go outside again?" Si Wan-er said while putting a hand on her waist. "You'd only have to walk for a few hundred meters and there's even free food waiting for you at the end but even that loses to your laziness? Seriously?" Si Wan-er shot her a disbelieving look.

Hearing her roommate's words, Sang Mina pondered for a moment before making a decision. She put her laptop in hibernate, combed her hair that reached to her chest with her fingers, pat and smoothed her clothes, and put her wallet, keys, and phone in a shoulder bag. All of these she accomplished in just a minute. Sang Mina turned to her waiting roommate, and said sheepishly, "Let's go?"

🌸🌸🌸

Forever Summer Cafe. That's where Sang Mina and Si Wan-er is heading to. It was a pretty famous cafe in the food district for its delicious smoothies and chicken wings.

And even more students come due to the gift card they give to their regular costumers. Each card contains ten stampable circles. One meal or one visit to the cafe earns a costumer one stamp and once one managed to get all ten circles stamped, one could claim a burger and smoothie of your choice.

When Sang Mina and Si Wan-er reached the cafe, they were lucky to find an unoccupied table for two in one of the corner of the cafe. Oftentimes, they have to wait for a couple of minutes for a vacant table.

In her rare moment of unlaziness, Sang Mina offered to be the one to queue on the line to order. Surprised, Si Wan-er looked at her up and down before telling Sang Mina her order and giving her the card and money.

It was not long before it was Sang Mina's turn to order.

The cashier, Yu Fei, as it said on his name tag if he's wearing the right one, looked surprised for a moment before he smiled delightedly, "Whoa, the arts and letters department's elusive noble young miss graces us with her presence today! This is a rare event! Today must be my lucky day. If young miss can give this servant a handshake, then this servant can sleep peacefully and deeply tonight."