Venus as a Boy

His wicked
Sense of humor
Suggests
Exciting sex!
His fingers
They focus on her
Touches
He's Venus as a boy
He believes in a beauty
He's Venus as a boy
He's exploring
The taste of her
Arousal
So accurate
He sets off
The beauty in her
He's Venus
Venus as a boy
He believes in a beauty
He's Venus as a boy - Björk

For the next few months to a year we have had constant contact with each other. We hung out with the kids and for awhile it felt like we were an actual whole family. It didn't feel like we hated each other. It was like we could peacefully coexist. It felt like a new chance. To be frank I never thought we would be able to act like this around each other I despised you and the same could be said for you. Yet when we were around each other it was like our relationship never fled, crumbled, or simply burned to mere ashes. For once in a long time I didn't feel out of touch with you. I felt like our relationship never ended, and to be honest I was having the time of my life with you around.
But throughout all of our time spent together the divorce papers never came up. It was obvious that we both were putting it on the back burner, but it was almost as if they never even existed. And personally I never minded one bit. I felt like I was a young girl again around you. You even went to awards dinners and my movie premieres with me. It was just like the old days. Yet, we never dared to put a label on what ever type of relationship this was, but then again we didn't know what type of relationship this was. We were married, but filing for divorce, yet on the other hand we were hanging out and talking to each other like our love never ended. How could you explain that to our kids, right? Yeah, I'll admit that it was complicated, but so were we. We were perfectly complex human beings, and now we never faulted each other for that fact.
Obviously, we were spending a lot of time with each other, but we were practically attached to each other like we were back then. It was like we were in our golden years all over again, and I enjoyed every second of it. And of course as expected the paparazzi were hounding us constantly about our marital status, and sure it was annoying and it would constantly break the near perfect facade that we had created for each other, but it was a rather minuscule complaint from the both of us at best.
I remember when we were just sitting down away from the kids, our jobs, and from everything and everyone in general. It was just us and boy was it oh so quiet. We sat in the local park staring out at the small pond that was right in front of us. We looked down and saw a few small birds along with their cluster of young baby chicks waddling around trying to keep up with their parents. I smiled as I looked deep into the nature that surrounded us. It felt so isolated and peaceful there. It was its own utopia, like my own piece of Eden. It was almost unreal. It felt like life and hope lived there. Even the most cynical of cynics couldn't resist fawning over this place.
Without me realizing it at first you had enveloped my tiny hand within your own large calloused one. You stared deep into my blue eyes as I began to stare deep into your hazel ones, and before we knew it or could even properly comprehend what was happening our lips met in a soft and gentle manner. It felt loving and passionate just like before. I felt like I was Miss World. I felt so beautiful in that moment. All that you had done to me in this moment slipped from my mind as the feel of you and your skin invaded it.
Just to think only a mere few years ago I despised your guts and couldn't care less if you died, yet now I felt like I was head over heels in love with you ago. It was reminiscent of the good old days in the 70s and 80s. You had bit me and poisoned me with the hope of your love. You were a vicious rattlesnake that had no chance of being tamed.  It was the deadly yet arousing look in your eyes. You had me hypnotized. It was because you always knew how to perfectly shoot me down. You truly were a murderer in disguise. You were made to make me hit the ground. Yet was it dumb for me after all these years to still love you and to succumb to your advances like a little schoolgirl? Yeah, it most definitely was, but my reason and logic flew out the window when it came to you. You contributed the best and the worst of me, yet I couldn't take you out of me. You were stuck inside me, and I was stuck inside you. There was no chance of escaping the heaven or hell that we made for each other.
When your lips met mind just like back then I didn't resist. You always knew he to set off the beauty within me and made me (either  directly because of or as a response to) feel ironically empowered.  It was clear that you believed in beauty, yet you were always wicked to the core. You were truly a Venus as a boy.