14

Bianca’s house was booming with noise and life. Terrence looked around for Macy and his gang but instead he almost bumped with Tristan Lobregat with a girl on her hand. Terrence knew the girl’s face but just shrugged it off. He always attended Bianca’s party because he had to, or let’s say people expect him to but tonight was different. He’s attending to see her girl.

When Bianca caught sight of him, Bianca slowly walked to his direction. All smiles.

“Can you tell me what’s going on? Flash news: Terrence Cabangon not drinking with his gang.”

Bianca crossed her arms while Terrence rolled his eyes. The dim surroundings and crazy on-off of lights made Bianca radiant and all the other people inside. Terrence knew Bianca was beautiful but not the way he liked, not the Macy way.

“You first, what’s with Tristan and Carly?” he said, finally remembering the girl Tristan was dragging.

“Oh you know the girl, she’s a nobody for starters. They hooked up in one of my rooms.”

“Okaaaaaaaaaaay,” Terrence answered cool. He knew she’s cooking up something. With Bianca, there is always something.

“Now tell me, what’s going on with you and that Macy girl?”

“I am just giving you someone to pick on. Don’t you like it?”

Bianca rolled her eyes.

“Did you tell me to pick on her for you to become the hero? The knight in shining armor? Because seriously, a guy dragging a girl out of a party is so underrated and old school, just in case you’re planning to.”

He rolled his eyes again. That’s exactly his plan.

They went silent. The music amplified and people shouted during their conversation.

They used to feel awkward with each other around. As the years went by inside Luna East, the awkwardness was filled with wrath and the undying war between them. Not a cat scratch war, it’s more of a Queen B and King B warfare.

“The deal included you bringing the guy away from Macy. Why is he in your home?” Terrence finally remembered why he wanted to talk to her, aside from looking for Macy. He got the house memorized but he never got sight of her girl since he arrived.

“Ohhhh, someone’s jelly…” Bianca started her teasing tone.

“Come on, Terrence. You’re still pathetic and I will never ever forget the fact that people started to think of me as dumb after you broke up with me.” Bianca pointed at his face.

“So what? You’re dumb without a doubt.”

Bianca wanted to slap him but she owed him Physics so not getting there.          

“I am made to hate you forever but I’ll help you with one thing. I’ll keep the little secret that you like that Macy girl.”

Terrence looked at Bianca in disbelief. She’s up to something. Always, she is.

“Am I really talking to Bianca or are you a doppelganger?” he asked, quoting Macy when the real Terrence cracks in.

“I was in love with you… Because you’re kind, honest and passionate. I guess Luna East killed that little good boy inside you, huh?” Bianca started throwing light punches to him.

“And where’s the amazing girl in first year that became Luna East’s total biatch?”

“Terrence, you know what? I pity that Macy girl because you like her. Dating you would be the biggest mistake of her life, like mine. I wanted her to date you, so take the help that you can get.” Bianca smiled at her and smacked at his lips.