Chapter 7B: Kit

Here is the second part of chapter 7. Enjoy....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-I feel a feeling of nostalgia as I see the same scene play out as last year. The memories flooding back to me as I stand there in angst.-

It was a night much like this one. The house was large and very spacious. There was a whole lot more people around that time. I had to attend that party with my parents because Knock was on an overseas business trip. He had just recently started becoming involved with the company and my father was drilling him hard. He was still attending university but had to work after class. He happened to have that weekend off and was sent to a large convention to gain experience. I wasn't planning on going to the party but I felt compelled to do my part after seeing how hard he was working.

I dragged Beam with me as per usual. It was the first time in a very long time that I had been to a party in this town. As the years passed the need for my presence at these kinds of events decreased.

Beam and I were chatting with some girls at one of the back tables. I was subconsciously looking around to see if I could spot the person I wanted to see. Beam knew exactly who I was looking for.

"Would you even be able to recognize him? I'm sure he won't look the same, it's been like what four or five years since the last time." Beam asked me. It was actually close to six years since our last meeting. I had no idea what he would look like now. I had a debt to fulfill and I was determined to repay it the next time we meet.

"I don't know either Beam, but I know he lives around here. You kind of remember what he looks like right? See anyone that resembles him?" I replied. Beam looks through the crowd, but no veil. The girls were curious what we were talking about and one decide to ask who we were searching for. Beam happily answered. "My friend Ai'Kit here has unfinished business with a certain MingKwan. Do you know if he's present?" They both giggled and we gave them curious looks.

"Of course he's here. This is his house. We have been searching him ourselves." They were giving off dreamy looks, similar to the looks girls had when they spoke about Pha. Beam chimed in right away. "I'm hurt." He said pouting at them. "Is our company not good enough for you lovely ladies?"

He started flirting with them again leaving me alone in my search.

"Mingkwan, come over here my son." A voice yelled, barely audible in the crowd. My head turned in an instant. The voice was a faraway but I found the source. It was a man walking toward the direction of the other side of the house. I started pushing my way through the crowd when I finally saw who he was speaking to. It was tad bit far away and the other persons back was faced toward me, so I didn't recognize him at first. Then he turned to the side facing the older man. I only saw his side profile but it had to be him.

Beam had finally caught up to me asking why I ditched him. Like as if he wasn't enjoying all the attention. I wasn't listening to him and continued to stare at the sight before me. My nerves must have got to me because my heartbeat rose and I felt I couldn't move. Beam turned to look in the direction I was staring at. "Well I'll be damned. He really blossomed. What are you doing just standing there? Go talk to him."

He was arguing with the man who walked up to him, when he suddenly looked up. His mouth hanging open and eyes glued on the direction of a girl wearing a gold dress. He was so engrossed in staring I saw him sheepishly look up at the rest of the group when his actions were known. I felt very uncomfortable with the scene before me. That kept getting worse the longer I looked. Until I couldn't look at it anymore. I rushed past Beam who was yelling at me to wait up. I swiftly made my way through all the crowds and out of the building; losing Beam somewhere along the way. It wasn't until I was outside that I finally got ahold of myself and my emotions.