He just narrowed his eyes, "That wasn't very nice."  

I snorted, still laughing. "Neither was listening to my thoughts so I guess we're even."  

All of a sudden, I found myself lying on the bed, arms pinned above my head and Chase hovering over me.  

My breath caught as my laughter immediately stopped.  

"What are you doing?" I asked.  

He just gazed down into my eyes, but then finally he said, "I told you that wasn't very nice."  

I smirked, "And I told you that now we're even."  

He laughed, "Hardly."  

What?  

He answered my unspoken question, "Ever since I first saw you, I fell in love with you. I'm head over heels for you up 'till this day. But the reason why you've never seen me before is because I stayed away from you. I don't want to become a problem in your life especially since you belong to--" He clamped his mouth shut, as if he accidentally said too much.  

I narrowed my eyes, still very aware that his hands had my arms pinned above me and I couldn't move. "Belong to who?" I asked.  

He didn't say anything and I got angry. I mean.. who wouldn't get angry if you just found out you belong to someone and you don't know who? "Who do I belong to, Chase?" I asked, impatience seeping into my voice.  

Chase just sighed, and I gave up. Maybe if I keep bugging him on a daily basis, he'll finally spill...  

"Don't even think about it." He said, flashing a blinding grin.  

I swear his teeth were so white, they must be made of milk.  

He chuckled at that thought, and then I got another idea.  

I started to reach for his mind, trying to seek my answers.  

I could feel something coming up as I went deeper into his mind and then I realized it was a mental wall.  

Well, I might as well try to push past it--  

"Don't do it." Chase's voice snapped me out of his mind.  

I gave him a WTF look.  

"When someone tries to read a mind reader's -- who can shield their mind -- thoughts, they reach the shield. At first, the shield will do nothing, but when the person tries to get past the wall, the shield will immediately send out protection vibes. The vibes will strike the other person's mind at the fullest extent, causing the person to snap out of the mind and have a massive headache... along with other types of pain. But if the person ignores the vibes and keeps trying to push the wall, the vibes get stronger, and when the person pulls out of the mind, the person will get the after-vibe shock worse." He explained.  

"What types of 'other pain' is there?" I asked, "and what's an after-vibe shock?"  

"A type of pain is for example, the massive headache you recieved before pulling out of Blake's mind. An after-vibe shock is what you get after pulling out of the person's mind. You got the headache while still inside Blake's mind, but you fainted AFTER you pulled out of his mind because you experienced the second degree after-vibe shock." He said.  

Knowing what I was going to ask, he continued, "A second degree after-vibe shock is the second worst after-vibe shock there is. There's the first degree, second degree, and third degree. Third degree is the worst while first degree is the best. You got second degree because even though you had the headache, you still kept trying to push past Blake's shield. You're lucky that you didn't push enough to reach third degree or else that would've seriously sucked." He grinned down at me.