C H A P T E R • T H R E E

L I A M

Two days ago . . .

Eliza was sweating her pants off beside me, trying to swallow the whole book of literature—which was the very last period—while I kept flipping my phone randomly from my left hand to my right. My eyes staring Aaron Cooper down across the hallway.

Aaron who, you ask?

Meet the schools lifeless, dumb-ass bully, ladies and gents.

An ex-football player who got kicked out due to making fun of a particular someone's sexuality and that someone being none other than Randell Bailey Dawson himself. The football teams captain Randell. MVP Randell. Heart-throb Randell. The sex-on-legs Randell. All the girls' and guys' living fantasy Randell. Everyone's favourite Randell.

Yeah, bad life decision right there, Aaron.

No doubt that he got beat up into a damn pulp before he could even say 'choke me, daddy'.

Currently, Aaron was cornering Harry; an average school nerd.

Most probably for some elementary-school shit like lunch money or something.

And I was having fun making Aaron think way too many times for his small brain to keep up with, about whether or not to continue whatever he was doing.

His future depended on my hand quite literally.

You see, I had all kinds of things stored in my phone against him and he knew it all too well.

Stupid thick-head like Aaron do stupid stuff, unfortunately.

Now, don't get me wrong. I don't go after all of the brainless vegetables like Aaron but right after when his sorry ass decided to bother Eliza, I immediately got him on a leash.

With a single detailed text and no more.

Aaron was currently sweating bullets. His eyes kept darting from my face to my phone and then my face all over again. He couldn't meet my eyes. I could see his hands shaking and legs trembling. He looked close to passing out.

Wait.

Actually, no, he looked constipated.

Harry on the other hand was stuck between the wall and his tormentors body. Not really sure if making an escape would be a wise decision.

If you asked me I'd say it would, actually. Because I had Aaron frozen right on the spot.

Just then the siren for the first period went off. All of the students started making their way to their respective classes. Aaron was still frozen, unsurprisingly. His face pale and body drenched in sweat.

When Harry finally noticed Aaron's condition, he frowned. He followed his line of vision and his eye fell on me.

I jerked my head to the side and mouthed, 'go'. Harry's eyes bulged. He quickly scrambled away, ducking underneath Aaron's arm and made a run for it.

"Hey!" A sharp jab to my rib got me doubling over in pain.

I glared at the grumpy creature beside me.

"What?" I asked, bored.

"How about you stop day dreaming and start focusing?" Eli hissed. She grabbed my upper arm in a tight grip and dragged me with her towards the crowd.

"I swear, if I'm late for class I'll kill you." Her nostrils flared and she was breathing irregularly.

"Someone woke up at the wrong side of the bed." I mumbled under my breath.