Periwinkle

Violet P.O.V

My eyes flash open to the sound of knocking, I look over to my door, "Come in?"

Charlie pokes his head in, "uh sorry Violet, you mind if we talk?"

I nod sitting up and he awkwardly looks around the room, "Bells has school today and-"

"And you've also enrolled me." I cut him off.

He looks at me and nod his head trying to see my reaction, "It's fine Charlie, I wouldn't mind going back to school."  I said to him though it wasn't completely honest. I'm worried about going back to school but at least I'll have Bella with me.

Charlie nods at me, " Good, cool... then I guess I better.." he points towards the door, "She's out in half hour", he's about to shut the door but pushes it back open again, "oh and Violet."

"Yeah?"

"Nice hair"

I smile, "Thanks Charlie." He shuts the door behind himself.

I push the blankets back and start getting ready for school.

*****

After settling on a plain dark green sweater with a black pair of jeans and dark grey boots I walk down the stairs and into the kitchen where Charlie and Bella were.

Bella looks up when I enter, " I like your hair Violet"

I smile, "Thanks Bells."

Bella gets up and hands me a backpack full of what I assume is school supplies, " You ready?"

" As much as I'll ever be."

We both walk out while saying our goodbyes to Charlie and hop into Bella's truck.

I see Bella start tapping her fingers on the steering wheel.

"Are you nervous?" I ask her.

"We're new and its the middle of the semester."

I silently agree with her, "It'll be okay, at least we both know someone."

She laughs lightly at my joke.

Bella pulls into Forks high schools parking lot, once she parks we both look at each other then get out of the truck. Small groups turn to stare at us.

"Nice ride", one says to Bella.

She looks over at him, "Thanks"

We both continue to keep walking into the building, following the signs directing us to the office. Bella steps up to the counter, " Excuse me?"

The lady doesn't respond so Bella tries again, " Uh excuse me?"

The lady still doesn't respond, annoying me thoroughly now so I look into her dark brown eyes willing her to look into my eyes which she does immediately.

"My sister was trying to get your attention!"

"I'm so very sorry, how can I assist?" She ask eagerly.