Lavender

Violet P.O.V

I look up at the two story house as Charlie parks the cruiser, remembering every detail about the cozy home. I open the door and step out noticing a orange truck parked on the driveway, I look over to Charlie.

Charlie look over at the truck then back to me, "That's Bells' homecoming gift."

I smile thinking how Bella probably loves the old rusty truck.

Charlie, with my bag in hand, comes and puts a hand on my shoulder.

I look up at him for a mere second before looking back at the house, "Come on, your the other part of her present."

My eyebrows furrow ,"Am I? She doesn't know?"

I feel him looking at me, "She knows...uhh.... about that... not all of it, just small parts", I listen to him struggling to find a way to answer, "She just thinks your still in the hospital."

I nod my head thinking back to my time at that horrid hospital, shaking my head I follow as Charlie starts walking up the step to the house.

"Bella?" Charlie calls out while making room for me to step inside the house, he placing my bag down near the stairs, "Bella?"

"Kitchen" My head snaps up as I hear the soft voice of my greatest friend and sister.

I suddenly feel nervous, wondering if she still thinks of me the same way after all these years. Charlie must of noticed because he places his hand back on my shoulder and gives me a little push towards the kitchen.

" I've got the rest of your homecoming gift,"Charlie says loudly.

I hear shuffling as we get closer to the kitchen, " Dad I think the truck was enough", I hear the uncertainty in Bella's tone.

Me and Charlie stand in the doorway of the kitchen, my eyes going straight to the dark brown haired girl standing near the sink.

Charlie chuckles, "I'm sure you'll love it."

Once he says that I watch as Bella turns around and as soon as she does she freezes, her eyes scanning me head to toe and back again. Not knowing whether or not this was a good reaction my eyes wonder around the room not knowing where to look.

After a moment Bella finally manages to whisper out one word, " Violet?"

I glance at her quickly then look away, " Hey Bells", My uncertainty clear in my voice.

Apparently is wasn't needed because as soon as I finish Bella crosses the room and pulls me into a hard hug which I return.

"Where have you been? Why haven't you wrote to me!" I could hear the sadness in her words and tears started to prickle at my eyes thinking to all the letters we would send to each other. Unfortunately I haven't been able to write her any letters for over a year now nor would my parents let me see the ones Bella would send me constantly.

"I'm so sorry", I whisper in her shoulder.

She pulls back and looks at me while I look at the wet patch I made on her shoulder, " Violet, you don't need to be sorry!"

I finally look up into her eyes and she just smiles at me, "I'm just happy your here, How long are you staying?"

I go to answer but Charlie beats me to it, "How about forever!"

She looks to Charlie shocked, "What?"

He chuckles at his daughter, "Your looking at your new adopted little sister"

She looks even more shocked and turns back to me wanting confirmation so I nod my head, " Its true, I'm now Violet Grace Swan"

She shakes her head and pulls me in for another much needed hug, "Your my little sister now", she whispers.

I chuckle at her, "I thought I already was."

I hear her sniffle, " You are but now it's even more official."

I laugh at her and so does Charlie, " I'd hope it's official because I sure as hell filled out a lot of papers for ya!"

Me and Bella both pulled apart laughing at Charlie's comment.

I smile at the two of them, having not felt this happy in a long time.

Charlie looks over at Bella, " Why don't you show Violet her room, it's the old office room two doors down from your room", he looks over to me, "I cleaned it up for you, added a bed and some bookcases. I hope you like it Violet."

I smile, " I'm sure I'll love it, thank you Charlie... for everything" I finally look him in the eyes so he understand how grateful I am.

He smiles warmly at me, " Welcome back to the family."

I smile at his wording then turn to Bella who grabs my hand and guilds me up the stairs as I quickly grab my bag so I can follow. She leads me to my room and steps to the side so I can open the door to my new room. I take a deep breath before putting my hand on the handle then twist open the door, taking a timid step into the room. I already love it. The rooms painted a light lavender purple, bookshelves were covering the wall to my left, to my right a small bed  pushed against the wall with pastel purple blankets and in the corner a small desk with a mirror above it that Charlie also go in a shade of purple. I walk to the wall in front of me that had a decently sized window in the middle looking out to see a view of the forest. I look to my left at the last piece of furniture which is a medium size set of draws. I sigh feeling content and turn to face Bella who's been silently watching me with a small smile.

"It's perfect." I say to her.

Her small smile remains, " I'll admit... Charlie done a good job, this room is very....you."

I let out a soft laugh and continue to admire my new room.

"Um I'm going to let you unpack and settle, okay."

I turn to Bella with a grateful smile, she understands that I'll need time to settle.

Just before she shuts the door she stops, "School starts tomorrow....."

I realise what this means, Charlie would definitely want me back in school, " I haven't been to school in a year...." my worry showing.

Bella shakes her head, "It'll be fine, we're in this together, Always."

I smile at her, "Aways."

I watch as she closes my door then walk over to my bag, picking it up and placing it on my bed I begin to unpack. Putting my small amount of clothing away into the draw, my books in their rightful order in the bookcase then grabbed my small makeup bag and made my way across the room to the small table and sit down on the stool. I keep my eyes down looking at the painted wood before shutting them. Taking a deep breath I finally look up into the mirror taking in my appearance. I gasp slightly not completely remembering what I looked like.

I bring my hand up to my face and run it softly down my cheek, I could tell straight away that I'd definitely lost weight even though while at the hospital they forced me to eat at least three meals a day it doesn't seem that it helped me much. I continue to stare at my sunken in cheeks then my eyes flicker to my once purple hair, now it looks completely washed, faded and my natural light blonde was growing out. My purple hair was the one thing they let me keep..... but after the...murders.... sitting in that house slowly dying away obviously took its toll on me.

I continue to stare at my reflection taking in every detail until finally my eyes meet their own reflection.

My once bright blue eyes now a lifeless dull grey.

I never understood how something so stupidly normal could be my biggest downfall, my most dangerous asset.

I won't let it control me this time.

I will not hurt my only family left.

I will not hurt Bella or Charlie.

Nor will I let them get hurt.

I have learned from the past and it will haunt me forever but I will begin new.

I get up off the stool and stride my way back to my bag picking up the last object in it.

I smile down at the violet hair dye.