Purple

Violet P.O.V

The last time I had to withstand a traumatic event time flew by. Everything happened at once. One minute my parents were alive and the next, they were dead. There was build up for sure. They didn't suddenly die for no reason but it was all very relatively quick . This however, this was something so different from that dreadful day. This stretched out for eternity, like I myself was the vampire who would live forever, immortal, never ending but I wanted it to end. This never ending wait. Waiting. Waiting till we reached Bella. My sister. A part of me hoped that whatever was happening to her would be survivable. That Edward was already with her telling her she'll be alright, that she'll live. The dread I feel in my stomach was dragging me down to the deepest depths, infesting my body... But there was a flickering flame of something else though. Something white hot and burning filling my body. Overtaking the dread, demolishing it. I knew what was coming to the surface. Usually I'd fight it. I'd try at least. Something in me was refusing to, like my mind, body and soul knew that I'd need my gift in full force to save Bella. To kill the monster that was hunting her.. hurting her.

"We're close. It's just up ahead." I hear Alice's voice fly by me. Earlier when Carlisle carried me I was disoriented, I felt sick... but not this time. The monster in me wouldn't allow me to be weak.

I take a deep breath, filling my lungs up with as much oxygen as I could as Carlisle was quick to place me down when he entered the building. Releasing the deep breath I felt the change.

"Violet? Are you alright?" I felt Rosalie place a hand on my shoulder, quickly replacing Carlisle's touch.

You know what's coming.

"Violet?" Rosalie's voice sounded worried.

I open my eyes looking directly back at Rosalie's dark gold ones. Rosalie was quick to flinch back, her eyes shine with disbelief.

Ignoring her I look around my surroundings, taking in the room, the shattered mirrors, the blood. Bella's blood. My eyes were quick to find her and my feet followed. Alice was knelt beside Bella trying to stop the blood that was gushing out of her thigh. Bella was convulsing and screaming in pain. When I was closer I could clearly see the main reason of her pain. The bite mark on her wrist.

"No, no, my head is burning!" Bella screams out.

"Oh god. Carlisle!" Alice calls outs, "Her blood. Carlisle!"

"Start the fire!"

"Get the floor boards!"

Carlisle was quickly at Bella's side assessing her, "Alice. Go."

Carlisle order makes my gaze follow Alice as she runs towards the Tracker. James.

"No." My voice cuts sharply through the room making all the Cullens look towards me.

"Oh my god."

"Violet... you eyes?"

Ignoring them all I look towards Jasper and Emmett who are holding James, "You will not kill him."

I drop to my knees beside Bella causing her to look up at me but in this state she doesn't even notice my eyes, "Violet! I hurt so much!" My heart clenches at her pain filled voice. Edward quickly moves to her side making eye contact with me but I look away focusing back on Bella.

"I know," I reach my hand out grabbing her hand reassuringly before looking her deep in the eyes, "You're going to be okay Bella. It doesn't hurt that bad, in fact, it doesn't hurt at all. You are not in any pain."

Bella's convulsions stop, her once's scrunched up pain fill face smooths out leaving nothing but a dazed look in her eyes. Look up at Carlisle and Edward I simple say, "Save her." Before standing tall to face a thrashing James who was still being held be Emmett and Jasper.