5.0 (XiuRong/Jia Hui?)

Ming Chu is sitting beside Heng Jun with their hands intertwined, a bouquet of roses om his lap. It was given by Heng Jun a while ago. He smiled at Heng Jun, who doesn't have any expression while watching the sunset. It's been 2 years since Heng Jun began to forget things due to old age, but he never forgets to give red roses to him everyday, continuously saying I Love You.

Ming Chu contentedly sighs.

The sound of waves and the peaceful chirping of the birds soothes their hearts. Watching the sunset in front of their mansion is what they do everytime. It eventually became a habit.

"Husband.." Ming Chu called out to the old and wrinkled Heng Jun. His hair is white and his vision is not as clear as before but everytime he hears his wife's voice, his heart still skips a beat.

"Wife.." Heng Jun answered with much difficulty. Although he's having a hard time remembering things now that he's getting old, he never forgets about Ming Chu. That was his promise, that he will remember, forever.

"I love you, forever and always." Ming Chu said and leaned his head on Heng Jun's shoulder.

"I love you too, forever and always.." Heng Jun replied with content in his heart and gave a hearty smile and slowly closed his eyes and leaned his head on Ming Chu's.

One petal fell, and another, and another...

Until the last petal fell. Heng Jun closes his eyes after saying his last sweet words and goodbye to his wife, Ming Chu.

Ming Chu smiled and hugs Heng Jun's lifeless body before his soul left from Ming Chu's body contentedly.

----------------------------------------

"FINALLY! HOST! FINALLY!" System rejoiced when his host came back to their space.

If his host didn't come back yet, he'd be confined in that God's house until his host came back to their space.

"Where have you been all this time?" System froze when he heard Lin Xiao's cold voice. It could make a person shiver from the coldness. Good thing he's not a person (T-T)

"Host.. Huhuhu It's because of that person! Huhuhu Host I don't want to go the higher ups anymore! Please let our travel together be peaceful!" System said and dramatically cried. He doesn't want to go back to the higher ups anymore, he fears that the God is waiting for him.

"Who?"

"Let's not talk about him! I don't want to talk about him!" System yelled clearly terrified and sensitive about the topic about the God who confined him.

"You unreliable system, you still dare shout at me!? In the second world and this world you keep on leaving me alone!" Lin Xiao angrily replied.

System felt bad for his host and stopped complaining. Lin Xiao didn't indulge too much in his displeasure towards his unreliable system and went quite too. No one talks but it was not awkward. After the long silence, Lin Xiao spoke again in a calm manner,

"Hey, what did the higher ups say anyway?"

"Oh! Oh! They say that for compensation, you're going to be given extra tasks for extra points! Also, they said they're also giving you 30% protagonist's halo! Isn't that great? And you're debt-free!" System said cheerfully, in fact the 30% protagonist halo is a gift from Ping Yan.

Remembering Ping Yan, System's imaginary body shivered. That damn man is too scary.

"Extra tasks for extra points?" Lin Xiao asks a little bit doubtful.

"Don't worry host! The tasks will be minor tasks only."

"Oh, okay. Then can I stay here to clear my mind first?"

"Of course yes, what about picking up what to learn before relaxing?"

"Hmm Okay."

(1. Martial Arts part 2, 2. Hacking 3. Dancing 4. Singing)

"Something is amiss but I can't point it out." Lan Xiao said thoughtfully.

"Eh?" System was puzzled; he doesn't think there's something amiss though.

"Nevermind, I chose hacking. Well, that'll be later. I want to rest first. Night" Lin Xiao said and curled himself like a ball before dozing off.

System: "..." Well that was fast.

--------------------------------

(I probably won't make some dark shits in this arc but who knows. Hahaha oh, and not edited. 🌈)

 🌈)