F O R T Y - E I G H T .

Y/N POV.
I changed my direction, I pressed Jimin's contact. It was ringing for a bit then he finally answered, "Y/n, are you on your way back?" he instantly asked. "I'm sorry Jimin, something came up and I have to head somewhere. I promise I'll make it up to you next time." I apologized to him.

"It's fine Y/n, theres always next time." he sound upset, "I'll see you when you get home." he continued. "Yeah, see you and I'm sorry again." I apologized again, I felt so bad.

I arrived back at work, I showed security my work ID when I walked in because it was after hours already. I went into the elevator and pressed the top floor button.

I arrived on the Chairman's floor, I walked to his office door. His secretary wasn't there, he must've went home. I nervously knocked on his door and waited for him to answer, "Come in." I heard his deep voice.

I walked in and walked up to his big wooden desk, I politely bowed and then he signaled me to sit down on the chair in front of his desk. I instantly sat down and waited for him to start talking.

"Do you know why I called you in?" he asked I looked at him and shook my head, "No, Sir." I replied, he opened the drawer and pulled out something.

He placed whatever he took out onto his desk and slowly slid it towards me. I looked at him confused and grabbed it, it was photos. I looked at the photo's and my eyes grew, It was pictures of Jaebum and I when we were hanging out together that day.

Before I could explain he said something, "You know Y/n, Im Jaebum is the son-in-law I've always wanted. He has the looks, mind, soul, and loyalty to be in my family and has great leadership to be the next Heir for this company." he explained, I just nodded.

"And I don't want someone like you to ruin my daughters marriage and everything that I planned for their future!" I just nodded again, I didn't want to say anything to make him mad. "I don't want you near or talking to Jaebum outside of work and I don't want your son coming around anymore." he demanded.

I instantly looked up at him, "But Jaebum is a big part of my son's life... I-" I was cut off, he stood up and slammed his hands on his desk. "If this continues, I have no choice but to fire you! Do you want that?!" He yelled, I shook my head, I didn't know what to think. He was frightening me.

"I promise it won't happen again Chairman Kim." I stood up and bowed, my hands were shaking. "Good, you may leave now." He straightened his blazer then sat back down. I left the office and went into the elevator, I took deep breaths and I felt tears flowing down my face. What have I done?

Jaebum is back today and Jaewon wants to see him, I don't know what to do. It was the weekend, but I don't think it's a good idea to go to the airport and greet him. Jennie and her father might be there that's why.

"Can I go see Daddy today?" Jaewon asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Uh, how about we ask him to come here instead?" I asked him, Jimin instantly looked at me.

"Can we?! Yay!" he cheered, I love how much he loves his father. Then I thought about what Chairman Kim said, I don't want to keep him away from his dad. He needs him...

I was walking back and forth in my room building up courage to call him since he's probably at home now. It was quiet in my room and I was in deep thought, then my phone rang. It made me flinch and I almost dropped my phone on the floor.

I looked at the ID and it was Jaebum, "Shit.." I cursed to myself. "H-Hello?" I answered it even though I shouldn't. "Hey, I'm calling to let you know I'm back and I want to see Jaewon." He said.

"Y-Yeah, how about you come here instead?" I insisted hoping he says 'okay' "Yeah, sure. I'll be there soon." before he hung up I called his name. "Jaebum?!" it went quiet for awhile, "Can...Can you not tell anyone you're coming here?" I asked.

It went quiet for awhile again, "Yeah, of course." after that we hung up. I nervously waited and then the door rang, I quickly went to go answer it. I opened the door, "Hi" he smiled, "Hi." I greeted back.

"Why did you want me to come by? Jaewon usually comes over during the weekends." he asked, "Next weekend okay?" I just said to him. "Why didn't you want me to tell anyone that I was coming here?" he asked again.

"Uh, I don't know. I've just been paranoid." I lied. I smiled at him then invited him inside.

We were back at work, we didn't start on the project yet. Then I got a call on my office phone, "Hello?" I answered, "Come see me in my office." it was Jaebum, I was hesitant at first. Before I could answer he hung up on me. "Chairman only said I can't see him outside of work...we are at work though..." I just shrugged it off and left my office.

I was scared to see him and excited at the same time, I arrived at his floor and walked to his office. "Hello Y/n, it's nice to see you." his secretary greeted me. I bowed, "It's nice to see you too." I greeted back.

"You can just go in." she told me, I opened the door and walked in. He looked up at me and stood up, "You're here, it took you longer than usual." He teased.

I just rolled my eyes, "What did you call me for?" I asked annoyed. "I just wanted to see your face and say 'Hi'" he smiled. "You already did this past weekend." I crossed my arms. "I just wanted to see you again." he smirked.

He started talking about his trip, my mind wandered off and started thinking about what the Chairman said. I didn't realize my eyes were starting to fill up with tears. "Y/n?" I heard him calling my name.

I snapped out of my thoughts, "H-Huh?" I looked back at him. "Is something wrong?" he asked concerned. I shook my head, "Nothings wrong." I wiped my eyes.

Jaebum walked to me, "You're lying, tell me. What's the matter?" I looked up at him, I released a big sigh. "Jaebum, I don't think we can be friends... I think we should just keep things work related instead.." I told him, he wasn't looking at me anymore. He was looking down, before I said anything else I tried to hold back my tears.

"Is this what Chairman Kim told you to do?" he suddenly asked, I ignored his question. "I think it's best if Jaewon doesn't go-" I was cut off by him slamming his fist. "Answer me Y/n..." he said in seriousness.

I didn't bother saying anything, he looked back at me, "Don't let that man come in between us!" he yelled, I flinched from his yelling. Tears were flowing down my face, I failed to hide my weakness.

"I'm sorry JB..." I apologized to him, he was surprised I called him that, "Please don't do this... please don't keep my son away from me.." he begged. I didn't bother saying anything else, I slowly turned around and started walking.

Before I could walk any further, I was pulled back. I turned around and what happened next caught me by surprise...

He kissed me.

_________________________________________
I'm not even sure if anything is making sense right now lol but anyways here you go 😆