Chapter 34: One Happy Night

After Carter had left, I walked back up into my room. I took a quick shower, changed into PJ's and then hopped on into bed. I thought about what happened tonight. The fact that my parents actually agreed on inviting Carter over and to sit down and talk to him. I'm beyond happy that they see him for who he really is. I'm glad they were able to get along with each other. And I am so grateful, that both of my parents like Carter. I don't know what I would do if they didn't. The bright side of all this though, is that neither of us don't have to keep sneaking around. I can actually have Carter over by walking in through the front door instead of climbing through my bedroom window. But, I'm pretty sure he'll still want to do that. Knowing him, I'm positive about it. The way they all laughed and joked around. I also couldn't help but notice, my Dad taking glances at Carter and I. He just smiled at the both of us. Just as I'm deep in thought, I heard my phone beep from under my pillow. I pulled it out and saw a message from Carter. I smiled.

Carter: Hey babe, just wanted to say goodnight and thanks again for tonight. ily :*

Me: Goodnight :) & of course.
Glad everything went well.

Carter: Same here babe

Me: Well now at least you don't have to keep sneaking around anymore.

Carter: Awe. But I like being sneaky.

Me: lmao yea I'm sure you do.

Carter: you betcha ;)

Me: Carter you're something else.

Carter: Becky so are you

Me: nuh uh

Carter: yes huh

Me: stop it

Carter: nope

Me: XD omg..

Carter: Lmfao gotta love me.

Me: Very much.

Carter: Well I'm exhausted so ima hit the sheets. Again, goodnight beautiful :* :* :*

Me: Ok bae, goodnight ilysm :)

And. Send. My phone goes under my pillow, and me under the blankets. Not even a minute passed and I was out.

This was definitely over the top,
one happy night.