Chapter 14: Not A Good Time

When I finally woke up, it was around noon. I normally wake up earlier than that but I didn't go to bed until midnight last night. Mostly because of Carter coming over. Well sneaking in but the same thing. I sat up getting out of bed and immediately regretted it. My head was pounding excruciatingly. I groaned laying back down with my hand over the part of my head. What the hell?
Why is my head in so much pain? I waited a few more minutes before trying to get back up again to at least get something to ease the pain. I don't know how this happened. But all I know is this shit hurts.

*********

I was trying to attempt to go back to sleep, but I got woken up due to my phone going off. I groaned as I rolled over to grab my phone from the nightstand. I looked at it seeing that Carter had called me about a few times. He started calling again.

Right now is not the time.

"Hello?" I asked as I decided to just answer my phone.

"Hey, I've been trying to get a hold of you. Is everything okay?" Carter asked as he sounded worried.

"I'm sorry. Yeah, I'm fine. Just been tired lately" I explained not knowing what else to say. I didn't want to tell him about my head, cause I really didn't want him to worry.

"Well if you want, I can come over"

Now if you ask me, I wouldn't mind having Carter over. But now just isn't a good time. I'm extremely tired. My head hurts like hell. Plus the fact that my parents are home, and they're not gonna be too happy knowing I snuck a boy into my room. Someday I'm just gonna have to tell them about him.

"As much as I want you to, now's really not a good time. I'm way too tired, and I wouldn't be good company" I said.
I heard him laugh a little before speaking. "Alright then, if you say so"

"Yeah. Maybe some other time?" I asked hoping he would agree.

"That sounds good"

"Okay"

Just as I was about to say something else, I heard my name being called from downstairs.

"Hey um, I gotta go.. I'm being called at"

He laughed, "Alright, well talk to you soon then"

"You too, bye" And with that said, he hung up. Not long after, that I got a message from him. I smiled a bit as I read it.

Carter: Goodnight beautiful

Butterflies started forming in my stomach.

Me: Goodnight. Sweet dreams.

After I sent that, I slid my phone under my pillow and walked down the stairway and into the living room where my mom was standing, with her arms crossed.

Oh gosh, what did I do now?