Chapter 7 - Breakfast

Word count: 1187.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The finger-shaped bruises around your wrists were still stiff. One set, on your right, were from Yoongi and the other set, on your left, from Taehyung. And both occurred from different feelings and circumstances. The way Yoongi gripped your wrist was commanding and threatening and left deep set purple bruises. But the way Taehyung protectively clung to you left longer, more red-toned bruises. Either way, both sets hurt.

Thankfully, it was the weekend which meant no work and certainly no Yoongi. You woke up later than usual, probably exhausted not only from all the work you had been completing throughout the week but also from yesterday's wrestling between two boys. Sitting up in your bed, you rubbed your eyes and stared blankly and tiredly at your floral bedsheets.

You couldn't shake the protective and caring gaze Taehyung bore into yours yesterday. The way he clung to you made you feel secure in his grip and yet, you could feel something more behind it. It was almost possessive, without being a bad thing; it was caring and protective. The tightness wrapped around you yesterday was unlike anything you'd seen from Taehyung before.

You slid out of bed and headed to the bathroom looking at your complexion in the mirror. You could feel the ghost of Yoongi's touch against your cheek and under your chin, as if his touch marked you, stained you. You frowned at yourself and splashed hot water in your face, hoping to melt away the remnants of his touch.

Padding barefooted into your living room, you opened the cupboards to search for breakfast. Empty. Again. Only sauces, condiments and things that wouldn't be right to eat for breakfast. You sighed a little and turned to your living room window. It was early, but you could tell it was going to be a sunny day. The sun was also stirring awake and started to peek through the thick clouds blanketing the sky.

Maybe you could head out for breakfast, something you hadn't done for months.

Heading back to your bedroom and rolling onto your bed, you sent a few texts and then got dressed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What time do you call this?"

"Sorry, I... I got lost," Jimin nervously smiled. Taehyung wrapped an arm around his neck and pulled him in close. Even though the red-haired boy was older, Taehyung was far more obnoxious than him and so treated him roughly as if he were the older one. You smiled and hopped off the wall, walking backwards a bit.

"Where to? Know anywhere good?"

"I know a good small café if you just want a coffee or something," Jimin offered. Taehyung made a noise and waved his hand dismissively.

"Nah, I want something good! We don't eat out for breakfast together often, I wanna do something good. I'll pay!" he said.

Your face lit up at the mention of Taehyung's offer. Jimin thought again and then shrugged. "There's a place near the pier, I think, that does hot foods for breakfast? I've never tried it but-"

"Let's go!" Taehyung charged, pulling Jimin. The sunglasses almost slid off the intern's face and he pushed them back up, stumbling forward clumsily. You hurried behind them, catching up to the pair of boys and looked up through your rose-tinted shades. Taehyung flashed a boxy smile at you wrapped an arm around your neck and shoulder too, pulling you with his brisk walk.

You had decided that if you were going out to breakfast then you should at least have some company. Inviting your closest co-worker -especially after he saved you the other day- was a no-brainer but scrolling through your list of contacts, you hovered on Jimin's name for quite a while before inviting him. The way he blushed bright red when your hand touched his in the copying room made you think perhaps he was nervous around you and that he'd be uncomfortable. But your fingers sent him an invite before you could think and here the three of you were.

Jimin wore thick black sunglasses and his red hair was parted like curtains, framing his face. Oddly, it suited him; you couldn't picture the 'curtain' haircut looking good on many people, but it was perfect on him. He wore a plain white shirt and cut-off ripped jeans with black converse. Taehyung, of course, wore his favourite Gucci headband that pushed his brown hair up from his face and it bounced with every energetic step he took. He wore a red shirt with a white jacket over it and a pair of cut-off jeans, like Jimin, but his were washed a dark blue colour.

Of course, with the beautiful weather, you slipped on a plain short-sleeved shirt and a pair of shorts and lemon-coloured flip-flops. The lace-trim of your shorts tickled your legs as you walked, and you tried to keep your hat on as Taehyung's arm almost knocked it off. Your footsteps started to clamber on the wooden slats of the pier and the air turned salty.

"Ah, can you smell that!" Taehyung smiled, letting both his arms go wide as the sea breeze washed over him.

"I can certainly smell the food," you grinned, pointing out a small stand, advertising all sorts of forts, Korean and Western. Taehyung jumped giddily, almost like a child and pulled both you and Jimin along. Standing at the stall, you could feel him almost vibrating with excitement, listing item after item for his order. You couldn't help but smile and Jimin watched your face light up.

He watched you from behind his sunglasses as the apples of your cheeks glowed under the sun and your teeth shone as you smiled. The way your eyes watched Taehyung created a bittersweet feeling in his mouth; he was happy that you were happy but wished that happiness was directed at him.

"What're you getting, Jimin?" you asked. He jumped a little and ordered from the man tending the stall and you gave your order too. Taehyung handed the man the money and struggled to carry cartons and packets of food in his arms. You laughed and shook your head, taking some of the food from his arms, indicating at a small bench and table for the three of you to sit at. Jimin helped with the food too and soon the three of you were sat with a buffet between you all.

"Room for two more?" a voice asked.

You looked up to see the olive-coloured skin and caramel coloured hair of the security guard, Namjoon. Beside him was a man you hadn't seen before with tousled but also neat black hair. Hesmiled brightly, like a prince, and swept one hand through his hair, brushing it backwards, andraised a hand in a wave. Spitting out food and talking with his mouth full Taehyung cheered and slapped the bench seat beside him.

"Namjoon! Jin! Yes, come on! Ah, this is gonna such a great day," he said, shovelling more deep-fried pastries into his mouth. Namjoon took a seat beside you and gave you a warm smile and Jin sat opposite him.

You didn't quite catch the anxious look on Jimin's face as he looked between you and Namjoon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm a power-writer and IDGAF. I love writing thisssss. I update whenever I feel like it, which is almost every day lol