chapter six

Sawyer sat on his bed thinking about Zachary and Lucy. Sawyer felt like this was all his fault, if he hadn't of left Zachary and helped him find Lucy then maybe they could have actually saved Lucy and themselves. Except, then Zachary would have had to leave Justin and Justin would most likely either be dead by now or being held captive. Whatever decision he made would still end with someone being hurt, there wasn't a smart decision in times like this. Justin was in the hospital recovering from that nasty cut he received and Zachary and Lucy were being held captive in that stupid cabin that was probably Catherine's murderer's secret hide out. Sawyer's phone began to ring, startling him from his thoughts. An unknown number popped up on his screen. He answered and held the phone to his ear shakily praying it was just a telemarketer.

"Hello?"

"It's Jacelyn, I'm at the hospital talking to Justin. Will you meet me here?" Jacelyn asks, she sounded winded and frantic. Something rugged at Sawyer's heart strings from the way she spoke through the phone, something was wrong.

"Why?" Sawyer asks and sits up in his bed already pulling his shoes on.

"I want to know if he knows anything about who kidnapped my brother." Jacelyn says, "If he does then we can catch the killer, if he doesn't then it's not a big deal."

"I'll be there in half an hour." Sawyer says and hangs up. He ran down the stairs of his home, yelling to his parents that he was going over to Andy's house. Sawyer slammed the front door behind him and grabbed his bike from the porch. He pedaled towards Eden hospital as fast as his legs could carry him, something dug at his gut and he couldn't escape the feeling that something was wrong. The hospital was only about a mile up the road so it didn't take him long to arrive, he parked his bike on a bike rack and basically sprinted inside. He walked up to the front desk and eyed the lady who was typing furiously on the keyboard in front of her. He stood until she met his eyes.

"Um, I'm here to see Justin Brown." Sawyer says awkwardly leaning on his heels.

"Are you family?" The nurse asks skeptically looking at Sawyer up and down.

"Um, no but I was with him the night he was attacked." Sawyer says hoping the nurse would let him by.

"Fine, second floor, room 230." The nurse states. Sawyer thanks her and heads towards an elevator. He clicks the button about twenty times to floor two frantically wanting to get there as quick as possible. As the doors begin to close someone puts their hand in front of the censors and stops the doors before they're fully closed. A boy walked in that Sawyer quickly recognized. It was Ryan Blinder, he did look alot like his brother Chase but Ryan had darker hair and freckles dotted his nose.

"Aren't you the guy from the park?" Ryan asks as he steps into the elevator pressing the button for floor three.

"Um, yeah." Sawyer replies staring down at his feet as Ryan leans over and clicks the button for the third floor once again. The elevator doors finally started to close again.

"After you and your friends left the park Chase was attacked by some guy. He just got out of surgery this morning." Ryan says with zero trace of emotion written on his face.

"Oh my god, is he okay?" Sawyer asks. He was facing Ryan who awkwardly stared at the elevator buttons refusing to look in Sawyer's direction.

"Doc says he should be fine. Lizzy and Sam are already here, I'm meeting them." Ryan says and finally looks up in Sawyer's direction. His eyes looked puffy but there weren't any traces of tears on his cheeks. "Who are you visiting?"

"Justin Brown." Sawyer mumbled as the elevator dings and the door opens on the second floor. "I'll see you later man." Sawyer walks out and rushes towards room 230. Before he could even make it halfway down the corridor, a loud scream filled the hallways and Sawyer recognized it immediately, it was Jacelyn. Sawyer took off sprinting until he found Jacelyn outside of room 230. He dropped to his knees by her side and she leaned against his chest.

"Jace! What happened?" Sawyer asks, Jacelyn didn't answer she just simply pointed a shaky finger at the room she's just stumbled out of with one hand covering her mouth. Sawyer kicked the door open cautiously with his foot and barely kept himself from screaming in terror himself. Justin's body was laying on the floor soaked in blood, a dark puddle formed underneath his neck. His throat had been slit ear to ear. Sawyer pushed himself backwards and pulled Jacelyn away from the room.

"Hey! Somebody call the police!" Sawyer yelled to the nearest nurses and doctors who'd just been watching them curiously during this whole ordeal. Sawyer pulled Jacelyn into a hug as doctors finally ran to them to see what had happened all while Jacelyn was sobbing loudly into Sawyer's baby blue t-shirt.