chapter four

Sawyer, Pheobe, and Jacelyn stayed home from school that day. They were all way too worried about Lucy and Zachary to go anywhere. They sat together at their local park and didn't say anything until Pheobe finally broke the silence.

"Can't we go look for them ourselves? I mean we know exactly where they are. The police don't do anything in this town." Pheobe says and slouches down on the park bench.

"That's extremely dangerous." Sawyer states the obvious twirling him phone in his leg nervously. "Justin is in the hospital from visiting that cabin, I'm not letting either of you go and end up the same way."

"Yeah, I don't think we should go to that cabin. You guys shouldn't have even went in the first place." Jacelyn says as a boy a little older than them sat with them and sighed in defeat. Jacelyn scrunched her eyebrows at the boy.

"Are you Sawyer Mcminn?" The boy asks Sawyer.

Sawyer nods. "Who are you?"

"Oh, I'm Chase Blinder. I've been hearing your name all over school and I wanted to know if the rumors are true." The boys says. Sawyer froze when he heard the boys name. Chase Blinder was on the list in the cabin.

"Chase Blinder?" Sawyer asks sitting up. He leaned to where he could see Chase over Jacelyn.

Chase nods and scrunches his eyebrows together and looks back at Jacelyn who was still staring. Sawyer looked over at Pheobe and Jacelyn who looked just as confused as Chase.

"You're on the list..." Sawyer mumbles and stands up from the park bench to pace back and forth.

"What list?" Chase asks

Sawyer doesn't answer, he looks over Chase's shoulder and noticed two girl and another boy that looked rather similar to him. Chase noticed this and turned around.

"Those are my siblings. I'm a quadruplet." Chase mumbles

"What are their names?" Sawyer asks turning on his phone and running through his contacts. He couldn't call Zachary, but he need to tell somebody that he found Chase Blinder. So, he shot a text to Justin.

Remember that list I showed you at the hospital once you woke up? Yeah, I found Chase Blinder. Sawyer shut off his phone and shoved it in his pocket.

"Um, the boy is Ryan, The girl on the left is Lizzy and the girl on the right is Sam." Chase says still wearing a confused expression. He kept looking between his siblings and Sawyer.

"Anyways, what were you gonna ask Sawyer?" Jacelyn asks, changing the subject.

"Oh yeah, there's rumors going around that your the person that killed Catherine and kidnapped Lucy and Zachary. It's all over the school." Chase says

"It's not me! Why would I kidnap my own best friend? That's just stupid!" Sawyer yells. "I was there when Lucy was taken, ask Justin Brown!"

"Justin Brown? You didn't say he was there." Pheobe looks at Sawyer.

Sawyer shrugged. "It didn't come up."

"I don't believe the rumors. I was just asking. Who do you think it is then?" Chase asks folding his arms over his chest.

"I don't know!" Sawyer yells. Chase nods and runs off.

"Why were you acting so weird? Why didn't you tell us that Justin was at the cabin?" Pheobe asks Sawyer immediately after Chase was out of earshot.

Sawyer sighs. "When I was in that cabin I found this list with all of our names, Justin, and someone named Chase Blinder. Justin was attacked in the cabin and was bleeding really bad at the abdomen. Lucy was taken and Zachary ran after her and told me to take Justin home and check up on Jacelyn. Justin blacked out and I took him to the hospital so I couldn't check on Jacelyn. I stayed at the hospital to make sure Justin wasn't too bad hurt, when he woke up I showed him the list."

Jacelyn looks up from her phone. "Wait, do you think the list is like some sort of deadpool?"

"Maybe." Sawyer replies with a shrug.

"Can I see it?" Jacelyn asks

"It's at my house." Sawyer says

Pheobe slaps his arm. "That could have been evidence! You idiot! Why'd you leave it? The cops might find it and think you're guilty!"

"I'm sorry, I didn't have time to grab it!" Sawyer yells back.

Pheobe suddenly looked down. "I'm sorry, I'm just really worried about Zachary and Lucy."

"It's okay Pheebs. I'm worried too." Sawyer says.

"Would it be odd to say you're one of my best friend's and I love you? I think Zachary would like that his best friend is my best friend." Pheobe says with a shrug. Sawyer smiles. Jacelyn gags.

"Pheobe, you don't go tell other people you love them when you're in a relationship!" Jacelyn says, she was obviously annoyed.

"I meant as a friend! Sawyer is my friend!" Pheobe rolls her eyes. Jacelyn stands up and stomps away.

"Someone has their panties in a twist." Pheobe mumbles and leaves as well. Sawyer sat alone for a few more minutes, he kept catching the quads look at him until he finally left the park.