Chapter 38

(Quick A/N)

OMG this story has over 2k reads. . .omg. THANK YOU FOR READING THIS!!! It means a lot and I love seeing everyones comments and votes! And also I am so so so so sorry for not updating I actually had this chapter and the next few dne but my computer glitched and shut down. When I got back on none of them were saved. So sorry about that. Ok, back to the story!

(Ratchet's PoV)

"Ratchet, we need that bridge right about now. But we got an extra coming back with us," Bumble Bee said.

"You mean. . .he's-," I began but Smoke Screen cut me off.

"Alive? With no dark energon? Yep," he said.

"But that's impossible!" I said.

"Not when you hear the explanation on how he lived," Bumble Bee said.

"If you say so. . .," I said as I opened the bridge. I thought about how Scarlett would react when she found out.

(Silver Speed's PoV)

"Oh Bee, there's something I forgot to tell you," I told him as a ground bridge appeared in front of us.

"What i it?" Bee asked.

"You can't let Scarlett Flash or Knock Out know I'm here," I told him.

"What?!? But why?! Don't you want your best friend and your brother to know you're alive?!" Smoke Screen asked.

"No, but there's a reason," I said.

"And what reason would that be?" Bee asked.

"I don't really have long to live," I sighed.

"WHAT?!?" the two exclaimed.

"Yeah, my systems are starting to fail. I have about six. . .maybe seven days if I'm lucky," I explained.

"Oh no, we're not losing anymore 'bots! Ratchet can fix you up!" Smoke said.

"Trust me, it' far beyond repair," I told them.

"Well we can't take you back to the ship then. It'd be to risky. Even if Scarlett wouldn't see you sense she's still confined to that room, Knock Out would defiantly see you. But. . .if you knew you where going to die soon, why would you come back?" Bee asked.

"To help as much as I could before my time was up. And if I was too weak to fight I knew I could help by giving information. Don't know if you know this yet but Airachnid is planning something big. I've noticed insecticons with dark energon around but I've noticed a few larger groups and they haven't been in large groups before. Mainly groups of one or two. But I'm starting to see groups of five and six pop up. I know if you stop Airachnid, then the insecticons won't be able to serve her and everything should be ok," I explained and then I heard something land behind me. I turned to see a Predacon behind me and then it transformed.

"PredaKing, what is it?" Bee asked. I just gave Smoke a look as if to say 'is that really a-' and he just nodded his head.

"The Decepticon known as Airachnid was spotted. Somewhere out in the Sea of Rust," PredaKing said.

"What? She's here? Smoke go warn the others at base, and explain to Ratchet why Silver Speed won't becoming. Make you sure you tell him not to tell anyone hes alive," Bee ordered and Smoke headed back through the bridge as the PredaKing transformed again and flew off.

"So, I'm assuming your role is basically the leader now?" I asked.

"Sadly, yes," Bee said.

"So while Smoke is warning them, would you mind catching me up on events that happened off world?" I asked.

"Oh, yeah. There were quite a few major events but I think the one you should hear is the Space Bridge incident," Bee said.

"Well what happened there?" I asked.

"Well. . .ok so before we had gotten to the Space Bridge Optimus gave up the matrix of leadership to stop Unicron. When he did that he forgot he was a prime, Megatron took advantage of that, but thanks to some human friends we used the key to Vector Sigma to get his memories back. So while his memories were still returning to him in the Space Bridge Megatron shot a blast toward Optimus. The dark energon blast would've severly injured Optimus but it would've hit one of our human friends, Jackm too. Jack would've died if the blast hit," Bee began.

"What do you mean, if it hit?" I asked.

"Well Scarlett had just stood up from where she was after fighting her father and she noticed the blast. She knew what we all knew, Optimus could die from it and Jack would die from it. So she took the hit herself. . .it. . .it was the first time any of us, besides Optimus and Scarlett, had seen Megatrn have a worried expression. He looked so guilty, and as if he wanted to take everything back. I. . .I honestly didn't think it was possible for Megatron to feel that way. Anyway, Scarlett was uncncious for quite a while and she nearly died. Not even Ratchet had seen so much energon spilled in one place. But she made it. And she got better but. . .," Bee continued but then stopped himself.

"What?" I asked him worridly. I can't believe Flash did that I mean I know she would do something like that, but wow. And if something else has happened to her, and I know something has I just don't know what, I'm going to be worried.

"Well she had actually gone to talk to Megatron not to long ago, and based on how long she was gone I think it actualy went pretty well. Things were going well for her but on her way back. . .she was ambushed by Star Scream. He shot her right on the scar from where Megatron had accidentally shot her. We got her back, sense she called for a bridge but for a while it wasn't certain if she would live or not. But we know now she will, although she does have a problem with her t-cog now," Bee said.

"Will she be able to transform?" I asked.

"Yes, but ony because on Earth there was an inccident where something happened and her t-cog gained the capacity for two vehicle modes, but now is back down to one," Bee explained.

"So where's Star Scream now?" I asked and Bee hesitated before speaking.

"Well. . .I don't know. When Knock Out heard it was Star Scream he stormed off to find him but Smoke Screen says he might have heard Knock Out say something about telling Megatron what Star Scream did. If Megatron really was told, I don't think you're going to find Star Scream any time soon," Bee said.

"Whoa. . .," I said but then trailed off.

"You really want to tell them you're alive, don't you?" Bee asked with sympathy.

". . .Yeah but. . .look I don't want to hurt either of them again. They've been through enough as it is, especially Scarlett. I'm not going to tell them I'm alive and know that in a few days time I'll have to leave them again," I said.

"Now I know why Optimus recomended you team up with Scarlett back in the begining of the war," Bee said.

"Trust me, I wasn't like I am now in the begining of the war," I told him.

"That may be true, but maybe he knew teaming you up with Scarlett would make you how you are now and it would give Scarlett some reason to believe at the time there was nothing wrong with being reate to Megatron sense he wasn't on her side," Bee said and I just let that sink in for a minute. "Look, I won't tell anyone you're alive, but if you feel like you can help just tell us. Right now, we'll take any help we can get," Bee said as he walked through the ground bridge that was still open behind him. leaving me alone.