Chapter 11

Blake was the first to wake up, Adam still peacefully asleep beside him. The rock star's head was gently resting in the crevice of his forearm.

Looking out the window beside him he realized that the sun was brightly shining, causing him to wonder what time it was. He quickly grabbed his phone and checked the digital numbers present at the top of the screen.

8:36 am.

Groaning, Blake tried to move away from Adam without waking him. He stepped out into the hallway to check the three missed calls that he must have recieved over night.

He opened the voicemail and placed the phone next to his ear.

Blake, it's Miranda. Just wondering where you were. You said you'd be back by midnight... Call me back soon ok?

He deleted the message and continued to listen to the second call.

Clearly you are not interested in fixing our relationship. I try to talk to you, to make peace with you, and you go out all night. I'm leaving, Blake.

Blake was in shock. Anxiously he rushed to get to the third and final message.

I'm going to go stay with my parents. Don't bother calling. We're done. Have fun with your new boyfriend.

Blake dropped the phone. He was on the verge of tears. He glanced over at Adam's still sleeping figure.

He felt mixed emotions. Confusion, anger, sadness. He loved Adam, but just lost Miranda, who he also loved deeply. Adam caused this.

Running his hand threw his wavy brown hair, Blake started panicking.

Crap. Crap. Crap. This was bad. The press is going to find out... Miranda is going to tell everyone she knows... My career, Adam's career are both ruined...

Blake stormed into the living room where Adam was still sound asleep and nudged him hardly in the shoulder.

"My life is ruined because of you!" Blake screamed, a little bit more loudly than he had originally planned.

Adam's eyes shot open and he sat up in surprise.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"Miranda knew about our relationship probably because YOU didn't have enough common sense to keep your big mouth shut!"

"Blake, calm down, let's talk..."

"And now nobody is going to respect me as a singer! Miranda is going to tell everyone she knows, and everybody will know about us!"

"Well, that might not necessarily be a bad thing, Blake."

Blake spun around to make direct eye contact with Adam at this, "What?" His voice came out as cold and cunning.

"Well I mean, this is what we've always wanted... To be together, and now there's nothing stopping us."

"Adam, you seem to not understand that I LOVED Miranda... Maybe even more than I loved you. And I'm so sorry, what we had was great, but I need to go find her before she tells anyone. Maybe I can make it right with her." Blake turned to leave, but Adam was quick to his feet.

"Blake! Stop please!" Adam reached out to grab Blake's shoulder, but Blake spun around, allowing his fist to make contact with the rock star's face.

Adam staggered backwards as Blake stared in shock at the stream of blood making it's way out of Adam's nostril.

"Oh shoot... Adam..."

"Get away from me."

"Adam, I'm so sorry, lemme make sure you're okay..." Said Blake, taking a step forward.

Adam stepped farther back from the country singer. "Get out of my house Blake! You didn't want us to be together, so guess what? We are no longer together."

Blake's face suddenly dropped into a frown as he realized their relationship was finalized.  He began to walk towards the door, and with one final look at his former lover, he shut the door behind him.