Chapter 4

The Voice filming went great. Jake, Josh and Christina are all perfection to say the least.

Especially Christina.

Adam knew deep down that he was going to win this whole thing with her. Jake and Josh were great singers, of course, but there was something about Christina's voice and the power in it that made Adam positive this was his season to win.

Throughout the show he was able to keep his mind off Blake for the most part. There were times when he felt his heart rate escalate a bit, notably when he laid eyes on the country star, but he managed to keep his cool.

After the show Usher had invited a bunch of people to his house for an after party. Blake had refused of course, due to his still lingering hangover. Adam politely declined claiming that he was developing a headache and needed to rest up for tomorrow's finale.

He headed out to his car and put his keys into the ignition. Backing out of the parking space, Adam attempted to clear his mind in order to have a peaceful, comfortable drive home. It wasn't a long drive, about twenty minutes, but twenty minutes can feel like forever when troubling thoughts are clouding your mind.

He decided to turn on the radio. Turning up the volume, his heart stopped when he recognized the familiar country tune.

Over You

It was Miranda... And Blake... Singing... Together.

Adam felt his heart rate speed up. His breathing becoming rapid.

Hands on the wheel, calm down, you need to focus on driving before you get in an accident.

He quickly shut the radio off and tried to keep his eyes on the road.

I can't go on like this anymore. Blake is making me lose my mind! I'm going to end up killing myself before-

He slammed on the breaks and swerved off the road in a matter of seconds.

He hadn't noticed the deer run out into the middle of the road because of his overwhelming thoughts. He had only missed hitting it by a millisecond. His car, however was not so lucky. Swerving out of the way had caused him to run right into a tree. Hard.

Adam sat there in shock still trying to register what had just happened. His breathing was still going way too fast, as was his heart. He looked up into the mirror when he saw a truck stop behind him. The headlights were blinding for a moment and then he realized that the automobile was very familiar looking.

He saw the tall figure approaching his car. He tried to unbuckle his seatbelt and get out to tell whoever it was that was approaching that he was fine and not to call an ambulance. But he couldn't move. He was paralyzed, still in shock.

His vision was fading in and out and the sudden knocking on his windshield seemed like a mile away. When his car door was forced open he couldn't turn his head to see who was there, he could only vaguely hear the familiar country accent.

"Holy crap... Adam?"

Adam attempted to say something, but instead let out a load groan. He was in worse pain than he originally thought.

"Are you okay? What happened?"

Blake was still talking, but Adam wasn't listening.

"Hey, can you here me?" He felt a big hand lightly slap his cheek to get him to focus.

He finally found it in him to turn and face the taller man.

"B-Blake?"

"Yeah. What happened? I was driving home and I saw your car on the side of the road... Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

"N-No I'm fine, just a little bit in shock."

"I would say so. You're sweating like a pig."

"Thanks. Thanks Blake."

"No seriously. And you're breathing really heavy. Should I take you to a hospital?"

"No! No please don't. I hate hospitals, really I'm fine."

"Alright. If you're sure. But, how about your car? It's pretty totaled."

Adam heaved a sigh. "I guess I'm going to call a tow truck and then a cab."

Blake interjected. "No, you're going to call a tow truck and then I'm going to drive you to my place. You're not in any shape to stay by yourself tonight."

Adam tried hard to protest, but had to eventually give up.

"Perfect. Just perfect." Adam thought in a sarcastic tone.

I Really Want To Love YouOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara