Chapter 7

Everyone was celebrating.

Alcohol was spilling everywhere, confetti was all over the ground and the music was blaring. Everyone was there, contestants, celebrities, the production crew. It was packed. Thankfully Usher's house was huge and had plenty of space for those who wanted to dance around and party, and those who just wanted to sit and enjoy their drink, like Adam.

Adam was finishing off his second beer. He watched Shakira dance around with Usher, and to his surprise even Carson had a few moves in him. Adam laughed at his failed attempt of twerking. He was having such a good time for the first time in what seemed like years. Blake hadn't shown up yet. He announced earlier that he would be fashionably late, much to Adam's pleasure. 

Seemingly tired out, Carson made his way over and sat next to Adam. ''Man, those two are in good shape!'' He exclaimed.

Adam laughed. ''They're both professional dancers, Carson, so yeah I would assume so.''

Carson smiled. ''Usher's so proud of himself. He's bragging about how he left his mark on this show and no one's ever going to forget him as the winning coach of season six.''

''He's so full of himself.''

Carson laughed. ''Yeah he is, but you are too. I remember you saying earlier this season that if America saved Christina with their Twitter votes that she would win this whole thing.''

''Yeah, I did say that... But in all honesty I don't think she cares that she lost, she's just happy to have gained the experience.''

Their conversation was interrupted when people started cheering at a new celebrity arrival.

Adam tried to look over the crowd to see who it was. He caught a glimpse of Blake's tall figure, but noticed he wasn't alone.

Who is that with him?

When a couple of people moved out of the way Adam could finally see who was standing with their arm wrapped around Blake.

Miranda.

Adam's heart stopped. Seeing the two of them together was making him sick. He was panicking again for what seemed like the hundredth time this week.

He backed up a little almost tripping over the chair he had been previously sitting in.

''Hey, watch it! I think you've had too much to drink!'' Carson yelled, jokingly.

But Adam was in no joking mood.

He seriously couldn't breathe. Carson must have noticed Adam's dilemma, as he stood up right away trying to soothe him. ''Hey, hey what's going on? Talk to me.''

Adam wanted to answer, but couldn't. His throat felt like it was going to close up. He looked at Carson with wide, panicked eyes. Carson was mouthing something, but Adam couldn't hear because of the ringing in his ears.

Don't make a scene Adam, calm down.

It was too late. He had already made a scene. A couple of faces turned to stare at him. Shakira and Usher came over to see if he was okay.

''Adam, what's wrong?'' He heard one of them say.

He couldn't tell who was who anymore. His brain was foggy and black spots were filling his vision.

Before he knew it he felt his head hit the ground hard.

He heard a few screams and he heard someone curse.

He vaguely heard someone screaming to call for an ambulance.

Before his mind settled into unconsciousness, he swear he could feel a familiar pair of warm, strong hands trying to shake him awake.