Chapter 6

Adam woke up, startled since he was in an unfamiliar place. When he remembered exactly where he was and the events of the night before he mentally kicked himself for being so stupid.

Blake saw me cry over him last night.

Of course Blake didn't know that Adam was crying over Blake, but the fact that the attractive country star had seen him cry at all drove him insane. And now Blake was going to be watching over him like a hawk until he found out the reason why Adam was crying last night.

Shit. Things are going to be awkward between us now.

Adam just wanted to crawl into a hole and die. He knew he was overreacting a bit, Blake was just worried about him after all. But, last night came way too close to Blake finding out about his secret crush. Damn. He really needed to be careful from now on. Act like nothing is wrong, like everything is just fine and dandy.

Basically... Adam had to live a lie.

After several minutes of moping around Adam decided to get up. He could hear that Blake was already up and it smelt as if he was cooking bacon and eggs. He headed towards the kitchen area.

"Morning." Adam greeted, taking a seat at Blake's kitchen table.

''Mornin', sleepyhead.'' Blake said, without turning away from the stove.

Adam looked at the clock and realized it was almost eleven. This was surprising because he was always an early bird ever since he was a kid. It drove his mother crazy when he got up before the sun was even beginning to rise.

''Wow, I better get a move on.'' Adam stated.

It was a big night tonight. Adam, Blake and Usher were all anticipating that their artist would claim victory. Adam was praying hard that Christina would win, but knew that even if she came in second or third she would still become famous nonetheless.

Blake placed a hot plate of breakfast in front of him along with a mug of coffee.

''Two milks, no sugar. Exactly the way you like it.'' Blake smiled at him.

That smile. And the way his bright blue eyes light up when he smiles...

''Thanks.'' Adam smiled back. He grabbed the coffee and took a sip.

Blake sat next to him and began eating. Adam could feel the tension in the room. He knew Blake wanted to say something about last night, but thankfully he didn't. They ate in silence for what seemed like hours.

                                                                                    ***

It wasn't long after breakfast until Blake and Adam had to start getting ready and head out to the studio. It was a little awkward, but for the most part everything went smoothly.

The ride out to the studio was filled with small-talk about the weather and the different contestants throughout the season.

Adam was relieved when Blake finally pulled his truck into the parking garage underneath the studio. They both got out and began heading towards the entrance, when Blake paused.

''Uh, listen Adam, I just need to say something.''

Oh God. Not now Blake. Please not now.

To Adam's surprise all Blake did was stick out his hand. Adam stared at it, unsure of what to do.

''Good luck, buddy.''

Adam took Blake's hand with his own and shook it.

''Good luck to you too. You're going to need it.'' Adam joked.

Blake let out his booming laugh and patted Adam on the back as they made their way inside.

                                                                             ***

''The finalist in third place is... Christina Grimmie! Big hand for Christina Grimmie everyone!'' Carson announced to the crowd.

''Damn. There goes my chance at winning.''  Thought Adam.

He looked over at Blake, generally curious as to whether he was going to be this season's champion once again, or if Usher would take the crown and leave with a bang.

Blake's hands were folded together and he looked extremely nervous. Jake was like his little brother and he knew how bad he wanted him to win.

''That leaves Jake Worthington and Josh Kaufman. One of you is the Voice. Let's find out who it is.'' Carson announced once again, as the audience and all four coaches held their breath.

''The winner of the voice is... Josh Kaufman!''

Adam watched Usher through his head back cheering. Clapping and shouting erupted from the audience.

Blake looked visibly upset, as was Adam. Josh was a great singer, but it would've been more rewarding for Adam to see Christina win.

''Congratulations on third, Adam.'' Shakira said, walking up to him.

''Thank, Shak.''

''Are you going to the after party?'' She asked, curious.

''Yeah, yeah I think I am.'' Adam said, still looking over at Blake.

This didn't go unnoticed. ''Poor Blake, he's really down about Jake. Maybe you can cheer him up at the party.''

''Why me?'' Adam questioned, concerned as to why Shakira would ask this of him.

''Oh, I just figured since you two are best friends, and you both have such amazing chemistry...'' She said this while walking away towards Usher to congratulate him.

We do have amazing chemistry don't we? No. Stop it Adam. Nothing is going to happen at this party and you know it. Just go have fun and get your mind off of him for once.

I Really Want To Love Youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें