Chapter 9

It was early the next morning that Adam was allowed to leave the hospital, much to his relief. The rest of his night was filled with visitations from Shakira, Usher, Carson and even the guys from Maroon5 payed him a visit. Yet, Blake never returned after their intimate moment that they shared just last night.

As excited as he was to see Blake, he was awful extrememly nervous. Did Blake really mean what he said? Or was he playing with him? Blake is married afterall... Adam needed answers.

Shakira and Usher both came to pick him up. Adam signed all the necessary papers and then met them outside.

"How are you feeling, Adam?" Shakira asked, still seeming genuinely worried.

"Fine, great! A lot better than I did last night!" Adam answered quickly, his mind still focused around Blake.

"You sure about that?" Usher asked, suspeciously.

"Trust me, I feel fine." Adam said while opening the passenger door for himself. Shakira whispered something to Usher and then hopped in the back as Usher took the wheel.

"Where am I dropping you off, man?" Usher asked him, eyes focused on the road ahead of him.

I really should go home, check messages, get clean clothes, but I'm dying to see Blake.

"Uh... Can you drop me off at Blake's?"

Shakira turned around in her seat. "Don't you want to go home and rest first?"

"No, I got plenty of rest during my hospital visit... And besides Blake texted me, he has some borrowed DVDs that he wants to return." Adam lied. He hated lying, but he needed to see Blake without Shakira and Usher finding out the true reason why.

"Alright then." Usher said.

The rest of the drive was silent except for Usher occasionally turning up the radio when a song he liked came on.

They pulled up to Blake's house about fifteen minutes later. "Do you want us to wait for you while you run in and get your DVDs?" Shakira asked.

"No!" Adam shouted, making them both jump.

"I mean, no, I don't know how long I'll be and I don't want to keep you waiting." Adam said in a much more calm voice.

"Alright man, see you." Usher said, obviously still suspecious of what Adam was up too.

Before Usher backed out of the driveway Shakira gently grabbed Adam's arm. "Adam..." She sighed, looking sad. Adam couldn't help but feel sympathy for whatever was causing her to feel this way.

"Yes?"

"Just, please, take care of yourself. I hate seeing people suffer." She gave him a half-smile as they pulled out.

Adam waved goodbye and watched the car head down the road. He turned around and began heading towards the front door of Blake's large house. He hesitated before ringing the doorbell.

Ring it Adam, just ring it. Don't be scared. Nothing bad will happen.

Adam was wrong. The worst that could happen, did happen. A few moments after his finger made impact with the doorbell, Miranda answered.

"Miranda!" Adam exclaimed, utterly surprised.

"Adam? What are you doing here? Blake told me you were in the hospital..."

"Yeah, I was released today. I just came by to see Blake."

Miranda folded her arms and leaned against the door frame. She didn't look impressed.

"Blake's not home."

"Oh? Where is he?" Adam asked, curious.

"He's out. Why do you care so much?"

Something was up. Oh God... Did Miranda know?

"Uh, is everything ok?" Adam asked, trying to get answers.

"Yes, everything's fine."

Lies.

Adam put his hands in his pockets and awkwardly took a step back.

"Well, if Blake's not home, I'll just come back later..."

"Don't bother, Adam. I'm not stupid, you know. I see the way you look at him... Lately I think I'm going crazy, because I see Blake returning the same look."

"What? Miranda, I have no idea what you're talking about."

"As if." Miranda said, rolling her eyes.

Adam put his hands up defensively. "I assure you there is nothing going on between me and Blake."

Yet.

Miranda unfolded her arms and put her hand to her forehead, as if she was trying to relieve a headache. "Adam, I don't want you talking to Blake until I get things sorted out with him. I don't mean to be rude, honestly, I'm just worried. Ok? Please, just leave us alone for a couple of days."

Miranda went to shut the door on Adam's face, then poked her head out. "Oh, and I hope you're feeling better." She said with little emotion, before slamming the large door.