Chapter Sixteen: Here Comes Trouble

As they ran down to the village, Thora explained everything to Tove. When they were almost there, Thora stopped.

"If anyone finds Einar, they'll kill him. Please, Tove. You have to keep him a secret."

"He is dangerous, Thora."

"No he isn't, unless you attack him! Please, Tove, don't tell anyone. I love Einar like a little brother."

"Ok, Thora. But be careful, alright?"

"Fine."

Thora and Tove ate dinner with the rest of the villagers. The next day, Skye played dragon slayers with the little kids. Thora nearly cried. She went about her daily chores, thinking about all of the very nasty things that would happen if they found Einar. She spent extra time with him. When she went out flying with him, she saw a boat near the islands. She ignored it. For the next few days, Thora spent all her free time practicing flying with Einar.

That little boat spying on the Forbidden Isles sailed back to its homeland. It had a message to report.

"What?!" spat Torolf the Cruel. "Why are they still alive?"

"I-I don't know Sir, honest, Sir." The messenger trembled.

"Get everyone in here."

The messenger ran out to the streets and yelled "Come one, come all! Torolf the Cruel wishes to address you!"

People came as fast as they could. When you have a ruler as impulsive and temperamental and Torolf, you don't doddle in the streets.

"Leif and his companions are still alive! They are living on the Forbidden Isles another lot of sorry excuses for Vikings. We must go and kill them! NO ONE STAYS BEHIND!"

The next morning, the whole tribe from Malicious Island packed into their boats and sailed to the Forbidden Isles. Leif's tribe didn't stand a chance.