Chapter 1: And her name is...

Chapter 1

It seemed as if he was watching one of those commercials starring an unbelievably beautiful girl.

She was dancing in a field. She was dancing to the sound of her own whimsical laughter. As she spun in slow motion, she let her head tilt upwards to the sun and let her hair fan out gracefully. Her light brown eyes turned into gold due to the summer sun. She was an addicting sight to see.

Jacen's hand reached out to touch her, but she kept on prancing away from him. He kept a light jog to keep up with her. His tunnel vision caused him not to notice the sudden change of their new surroundings.

The sun could no longer be seen, but there were a thousand shadows surrounding them. The tall trees danced along with the wind and the leaves were floating all around him. Jacen could no longer see the model, but he could hear her. Her laugher echoed throughout the forest, but he couldn't figure out where it was coming from. He kept turning in circles, but he stopped once he felt delicate fingers cover his eyes.

The moment he opened his eyes, he was greeted by the sunlight that was streaming from his window. "Where is she," he asked himself. A loud yawn erupted out of his mouth, and he checked his phone to check the time. It was a few minutes after ten.

He suddenly wondered if his new girlfriend was still asleep because she seemed like the type to oversleep. Jacen quickly sent her a good morning text, and got up to start the day. What person wouldn't want to sleep in on Fridays?

With food in mind, Jacen made his way towards the dinning room and was greeted by the sight of his small family enjoying their breakfast. His family only consisted of his older brother, Jarren, and Jarren's wife, Amy. Of course one couldn't forget about the three year old monster of a toddler named Jeremy.

It was Friday and he didn't have any classes for today. He went downstairs to join his small family. Jacen lived with his older brother Jarren, and his wife, Amy. They also have a three year old monster named Jeremy. They were all situated in the dining table, enjoying their breakfast.

"Hey Jace," Jarren called, "Who was that girl that you were talking to yesterday?" He wiggled his eyebrows at his younger brother.

"My new girlfriend," Jacen said proudly.

"Already? Didn't you just meet her? What's her name?" Amy asked. She was shocked that Jacen managed to get a girlfriend so fast. He just got out of a relationship last month too.

Jacen rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "I actually don't know her name. She wouldn't tell me it. I kind of just asked her out the moment I saw her."

Jarren and Amy looked at each other before laughing at him. "So let us get this straight," Jarren started.

"One, you asked the girl next door to be your girlfriend and she said yes," Amy stated. "Two, you don't know a single thing about her except for how she looks like."

"Three, she could be a minor and you could go to jail for dating her! You're twenty one and you don't even know her age!" Jarren exclaimed.

Jarren's eyes widen in realization, "I didn't even think about that! What if her parents find out and then call the cops on me? I'll be forever known as a sex offender!"

Amy suddenly threw a piece of her pancake at Jacen's face and yelled, "Watch your language! Jeremy is still here!"

The chubby little toddler titled his head in confusion. Gladly, his big sparkly green eyes were trained towards the plastic toys he had on the table. He was happily distracted making a bunch of random noise that was supposed to sound like the reeve of an engine.