The girl smiled up at Scorpius. "Why thank you!"

He nodded curtly. "No problem,"

She practically skipped over to a tall section of various lockers. She inserted a key into an 8 x 8 locker. When she opened it, she pulled out two mirrors.

Rose opened the bag for her to set them in gingerly. "Thank you."

She turned to Scorpius and flashed a million dollar smile. "No problem."

Oh. She thought was being cute, copying his words from earlier.

Rose tightened her grip on the bag.

"Let me escort you out." she said, reaching to grab Scorpius' arm.

Without thinking, Rose circled a hang around his wrist.

Scorpius looked at her as if she burned him. Wait. She did. The shock evaporated and he gave her the same look from the kitchen.

"Rose," he said low. "Something wrong, love?"

The girl flinched looking at where her hand was touching him. 

Rose slipped her hand lower to interlock their fingers. "Nothing at all. Let's go, shall we?"

He pressed a kiss to her temple. "Of course."

Rose kept a tight grip on his hand until they exited the store. When she tried to let go, his hand squeezed. 

"Nah, I don't think so." 

Rose jerked her hand. "Let go, Malfoy."

His cloudy eyes were brewing with a storm. "Let me tell you something, Rose. I don't like being played. Don't do something like this without meaning it. I'm not some Ravenclaw boy toy of yours."

"Where is this coming from?" Rose snapped.

He lifted his hand where it was still locked with her's. "Where is this?"

She stuttered for an explanation. "I just- I didn't like how she was gushing over you! It was annoying!"

"Annoying." he scoffed darkly. "I know a few things about your crushes that are rather annoying."

"My crushes? What are you talking about?" she swallowed.

He couldn't possibly know about Lysander, could he?

"Nothing." Oh it was definitely something.

He let go of her hand. 

They stood in the snow for a few seconds before she blurted it out.

"Did Albus tell you?" she yelled.

"Tell me what?" he sounded bored, uninterested even.

"About Lysander." she bit out through clenched teeth.

He snorted. "No. It's written all over your face. Those eyes you make at him every time you see him. I'm pretty sure half the school probably knows about your crush on him."

Rose narrowed my eyes. "This meant nothing. I just didn't want to watch you flirt with her. We're just here to pick up the items McGonagall ordered, not assist in your desperate conquest to sleep with anything that has two legs and breathes."

His tone was cold when he locked eyes with her. "I think you're confusing me with Althea. I haven't been sexually active since fourth year. Besides, I'm not the one wearing push up bras for Advanced Potions. And you call me desperate."

"Excuse me?" she snarled. "You looked at my bras?"

He rolled his eyes. "No, you git. Althea knows a push up bra when she sees one. She asked me the other day why you always wear them to Advanced Potions."