GLACIUS

SCORPIUS TRIED HIS HARDEST NOT to throw up at the sight of Lana Avery's mutilated body that laid on the steps of the Great Hall

The Beauxbaton girl who screamed was absorbed into the sea of blue uniforms as Headmistress McGonagall shuffled forward past the students, hand on her heart that then traveled to her mouth at the word carved into Lana's arm. McGonagall's eyes flashed towards him and Rose. He braced himself, expecting an accusation tossed toward him. That it was his fault that the Slytherin Prefect was dead.

"Take Ms. Avery away." McGonagall said, voice firm despite her being visibly shaken. "Students are to remain here until-"

Another scream, this one from outside the corridor in front of the locked doors of the Great Hall. Professor Slughorn and Longbottom were wands ready at the door. "Help! Someone let me in! HELP!"

No one moved a step towards the door, eyes trained on the professors guarding the door, who in turn were waiting for Headmistress McGonagall's call. The Headmistress held a hand up, walking forward to the doors. Midstep, she transfigured into a cat and apparated outside the door.

At the same time, Brody cried out. "Lana!"

The whole of Hogwarts snapped their heads back to the steps to see what else had happened to the poor girl. Instead, the steps were bare. Nothing was seen- no body, no blood. Nothing.

Scorpius found it strange. How could her body disappear from the wards McGonagall set up? Perhaps they were designed to keep things out rather than in; but that still begged the question of who even touched Lana's body.

Headmistress McGonagall returned with a sombre look on her face. "The dementors... they got to Ursula."

Maryse Zabini stepped forward. "Where's the body?"

McGonagall clenched her fist. "The dementors dragged her away."

Scorpius felt lightheaded. Dementors taking victims with them along with their soul? Unheard of. Just what horrors had exactly besieged themselves on Hogwarts?

Everyone was shaken from the events. Professor Longbottom informed Headmistress McGonagall of Lana's missing body, to which she pursed her lips and walked towards Rose and Scorpius.

"I need you to maintain the peace here while the professors and I try and contact the Ministry- see if they can do anything about this dementor issue." she addressed Rose, ignoring Scorpius entirely.

"Of course," Rose blinked twice, which had Scorpius slightly alarmed. "Uh, Headmistress?"

"Yes, Rose?" McGonagall said, eyes obviously elsewhere as she was already planning ways to navigate through the halls without encountering too many dementors.

"Where is Hagrid? He carried both Scorpius and I back to the med bay after Scorpius' dementor attack."

McGonagall's eyes once clouded over, cleared up quick. "What did you say? Hagrid has been off on his honeymoon. He took the semester off. He shouldn't be here."