The one with the fighting

Start from the beginning

"What do you mean?" Taylor asked.

"Like, every little disagreement turns into a fight and he's been getting really irritated really easily," I explained.

"Maybe he's PMSing," Taylor joked, making me stifle a laugh.

"Maybe," I muttered.

"Don't worry about it too much," Taylor said, wrapping her arms around me.

"Okay," I said, leaning into her embrace.

"Guess what day it is," Taylor said, turning on the TV.

"What day is it?" I asked.

"The thirteenth," Taylor said giddily.

"Oh my god," I said, laughing at my sister's obsession over that number.

"Okay, we have the perfect amount of time for six episodes of friends," she said, starting the episode where we last left off.

"Yes," I said, relaxing into the couch and laying my head on Taylor's shoulder.

>>>>> Three hours later >>>>>

"We got to go now," Taylor sighed, turning off the TV.

"One more episode, come on Tay," I said, pulling her arm to keep her from standing up.

"No, we don't have time," she said, pulling me off the couch. "We need to be at the arena in a half hour."

"I don't wanna," I groaned.

"Sucks," she said, spinning me around. "Go get ready."

I walked away as my sister smacked my butt.

I changed into a pair of black jean shorts and my 'Red Tour Staff' shirt. I went into the bathroom and brushed out my hair before applying a little bit of natural makeup. I gathered up all of my pieces for my camera and put them into my bag before grabbing my black keds and slipping them onto my feet. I met Taylor at the door of our room where she was waiting with Mom and Ed.

"Ooh, you look cute," Taylor said, winking at me.

"I practically wear the same thing for every concert," I told her.

"But tonight you look extra cute," Taylor said. "Maybe for a special someone?"

"Taylor!" I said, playfully hitting her shoulder.

"How is Austin, Kait?" Mom asked.

"He's fine," I replied.

"Oh, fine huh?" Taylor smirked, wiggling her eyebrows at me.

"Shut up!" I said, smacking her again. "I hate you."

"I love you too, sis," she giggled, giving me a hug that I did not reciprocate.

"Alright weirdos, let's go," Ed said, shaking his head at us.

We walked downstairs and piled into a black SUV that took us to the concert venue.

"I'll meet you in your dressing room," I said to Taylor. "I'm going to go talk to Austin really quick."

"Okay, good luck," Taylor said, squeezing my shoulder.

I stopped in front of the door marked with my boyfriend's name and opened the door.

"Hey, Aus, I just wanted to-" I cut myself off when I saw Austin talking to one of Taylor's backup dancers. "Sorry, I didn't know there was someone else in here."

"Hey, Kait, you know Leah, Taylor's dancer," Austin said, motioning to the girl that was standing in front of him.

"Yeah, hey," I said, awkwardly smiling at the girl I had seen a couple times before.

"Um, I'll see you later Austin," Leah said before exiting the room.

"What were you guys talking about?" I asked, walking towards Austin.

I moved in to give him a kiss, but he moved his head so that my lips landed on his cheek. I pulled away and furrowed my brows at him.

"Nothing," he said, walking past me to grab something off the table.

"Really? It kind of seemed like something," I questioned.

"Kaitlyn!" Austin yelled angrily. "I said it was nothing. Why can't you just leave it at that?"

"Because I'm worried about you, Austin!" I yelled back. "You're pulling away from me and I don't know why! We're a couple and couples are supposed to tell each other things! I know you're keeping something from me, so what is it?"

"Nothing! I don't have to tell you about every single little thing in my life!" Austin yelled, turning to me.

"Why won't you just let me in, Austin? I want to help you get through whatever you need to get through," I said, bringing my voice back down to a normal level.

"I don't need your help, Kaitlyn! I'm not a pity party!" He yelled, starting to wave his hands around as his face turned red.

"I know that Austin, but I miss the old you. The one who didn't blow up at me like this!" I said irritatedly.

"Well, I wouldn't blow up if you would just get your big, fat nose out of my business!" Austin said angrily, starting to get it my face.

"Excuse me?" I said, clenching my jaw.

"Don't you have to go take pictures or something?" Austin said through gritted teeth.

"Anything to get away from you," I said, tears stinging my eyes.

I stormed out of Austin's dressing room and went down the hall to Taylor's.

"I can't believe him!" I said once I entered the room.

"What happened?" Taylor asked.

"So first, I walk in and he's having a closed-door conversation with Leah!"

"The dancer?"

"Yes! Then when I ask him about it, he gets all defensive and starts yelling at me for no reason! Then he told me that he doesn't have to tell me every little thing in his life, which is like, I get that, but then he keeps yelling at me about how I should get my 'big, fat nose out of his business'," I said, using air quotes. "I don't understand! It's like we have these days where everything is perfect and then the next thing I know, he's screaming at me and telling me to leave him alone!"

"Kaitlyn," Taylor said, taking ahold of my shaking shoulders. "Take a deep breath."

I breathed in and out before looking my sister in the eyes.

"It sounds like he needs some time to figure out what's happening, so maybe just give him a little bit of distance," she suggested.

"But, I don't want to give him distance," I said. "I can't do that, Tay, I need him in my life."

"Okay, but you don't want him like this, so just give him time to cool down," she said.

"Okay, I guess you're right," I sighed.

"Good, now, you're singing tonight, right?" She asked.

"Sure," I shrugged.

"What do you want to sing? It's just you, me, and the guitar," Taylor said.

"I don't know, what do you think?" I asked.

"I kind of want to sing something from Fearless," she said.

"Okay, which song?"

"Breathe?" She asked.

"Oh yeah, I love that song," I agreed.

"Perfect, come here, let's arrange it."