- 0 7 -

Two figures came out from underneath the stair case. I struggled to get out of the WR600's grip, but as soon as they were near the kitchen door, he pushed me to the ground. 

"Connor, what's going on?" Hank and Aaron barged in the room. 

I quickly got up. 

"It's here! Call it in!" I started running after it. 

Hank ran back, as Aaron followed me. There was another exit from the kitchen and quickly barge through the door to try and catch up with the deviant. I quickly ducked to get through the small opening of the fence below, then helped Aaron through. 

"Which way did it go?" I asked the cop that was waiting for us. 

"That way, they're headed for the train station!" We looked at the direction he was pointing to and ran off to find them. 

I was surprised with how fast Aaron could run and keep up with me. We saw another cop pointing to the direction they headed for. 

"They're over there!" he shouted as we stopped and looked his direction. The deviant was helping the child over the fence as they quickly tried to get away from us.

-Aaron's POV-

We both ran for the AX400 and the child, trying to catch up before they could get over the fence. We were half way there, and they had already both made it over the fence. Connor started to slow down, but I started to sprint. Like he knew what I was gonna do, he called my name but I didn't stop. I did sort of a wall run and hopped over the fence. 

"AARON!" He shouted. 

Before I could hop onto the road, a hand forcefully pulled me to their chest, causing both of us to fall back. I landed on top of them and slowly looked up to see Connor with a worried expression. 

"Are you alright Aaron?" His arms were around my body, holding me tightly. 

His body was warm and I felt comfortable. I felt safe and wanted to stay like this forever, but I realized that we were still in a cuddling position and I quickly got off him. I turned around and tried to search for the deviant, but she was no where to be found. 

"Damnit Connor! I almost had them! I was right there, an--" 

"You could've gotten killed! You could've gotten seriously hurt! I'd rather leave them be than to risk your life to capture them." He cut me off while getting up from the ground.

"I had risked my life many times for years, saving people, catching criminals, and I almost died many times." 

I argued and came closer to his face, staring right into his dark brown eyes. 

"This, is no different.." I walked away from him and climbed the fence to get back. I saw Hank there and knew he was watching us. 

I didn't care, and just walked back to his car.

- - - 

-𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙤𝙧'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑-

"I was only trying to help her.." I was sitting with Hank at his desk while waiting for Aaron to get back from talking with Captain Jeffrey. 

"You may be a piece of plastic, but at least you did your job." He said while sitting In his chair doing nothing. 

"Of course. It's what you ask of me." I said while playing with the coin I had in my pocket.

-Fʟᴀsʜʙᴀᴄᴋ-