✔ T R E N T A O T T O

Start from the beginning

Then why was I so selfish, I didn't want to let her go.

And I know that makes me a bad person but I couldn't help it, I love her.

Yet I knew she deserved the typical American dream, she deserved nothing but perfection. A life a man like me could never give her. I only brought chaos and pain to the table.

But damn, she's mine and I need her, I love her.

I need that gorgeous kind smile of hers, I need that precious love that only she can give to me, I need to stare into those swirling mesmerizing chocolate orbs which light up my entire existence, they were like a beacon of light for my dark soul.

I need to wrap my arms around her, to make sure she's protected, to make sure she's happy. I need to kiss her, I need her, to smile, to survive, to go on, to love, to be Luca because without her...

I didn't know who the hell I am anymore.

✨✨✨

I shield my eyes as the intensity of sunlight streamed in through the usually closed windows, hissing in pain, I growl out at my mother who stands above me, hazel eyes clouded with disappointment.

"What the hell?" I groan, turning over.

"Svegliati!" She yells, making my head throb even worse.

"Gesù Cristo, mother." I groan sitting up and rubbing at my pounding temples.

"I apologize, figlio. Are you having a headache?" She asks, eyes softening as a look of mock innocence crawled on to her face. "Well, suck it up!" She shouts once more, before strolling from the room.

Letting out a string of curses in both English and Italian, I get to my feet with a huff of annoyance. Grabbing the half empty bottle of whiskey from the floor, I stroll to where I know my mother has gone off to.

The kitchen.

"Who let you in?" I inquire rudely, rubbing my face in exhaustion.

She purses her lips, possibly at my attitude. "I let myself in, Luca. I didn't think you would mind."

"Yeah, well I do." I scowl, taking a seat at the dining table. "You could have called first."

"I did." She responds with a bit of snarkiness. "Multiple times."

I see.

"What are you doing here?" I mumble, resting the liquor on the table as I turn my attention to my mother who was seemingly making breakfast.

"I came to visit." She says simply.

I cock a brow at her, watching as she plates her signature panino. "Why?"

She sighs heavily as she strolls towards me."Iris' dad called said you two had a fight-"

"Let me guess, dad wants you to play devil's advocate," I say as she sets the plate before me.

Of course, my father doesn't want to lose his associate. He could care less about his son and how he was doing.

She sucks in a breath, taking a seat by my side. "What happened?"