✔T R E N T U N O

💕-Mature Content-💕

Chapter 31

Iris' Pov

I'm shaking, my heart is hammering away in my chest as if I'd just sprinted a marathon across New York City. I am beyond nervous at actually, finally meeting Luca's family and well, everyone else.

The music is pounding and, to say we haven't even gotten close to the room which the party occurred within was saying something.

Luca and I's footsteps could be heard in the long hallway, silenced by the thick beige carpets.

"Relax, Iris." Luca coos soothingly, though this did nothing much to ease my nerves. "You're psyching yourself out."

"I know, I know." I wave him off, he just doesn't  understand.

Luca shakes his head and drops it, he opts instead to rubbing calming circles into my exposed side which I am exceedingly grateful for.

We take a right and finally I could see the door now, it stood before us like a golden gateway to the other side. The guards who stood here wasted no time of opening the door once they'd given a curt nod at Luca and me.

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised, Luca's mother had definitely gone all out.

It's like a literal winter wonderland, the ballroom is decorated with glittering snowflakes hanging down from the ceilings and leafless white painted trees are on the ground all around the room.

Fairy lights twinkle like stars in a Christmas night and a photo shoot area with a sleigh was set up near the door for those who wished to capture their night.

White wooden chairs and tables covered with white tablecloths sat over to our far right as not to occupy what I suppose was the dance floor.

Blue centerpieces were placed smack in the middle of these tables and might I say they looked rather rather expensive.

They'd dimmed the blue fluorescent lights so that the room was on the verge of darkness yet it was still bright enough to see everything and everyone else.

Damn.

"Wow." I gape in awe, my eyes wide and mouth almost on the waxed floors.

"Mother outdid herself this year," Luca comments glancing around with his own mild astonishment, it seemed the comment was more to himself.

Oh, how wrong I was.