✔D I C I A N N O V E

Chapter 18

Iris' Pov

"The end." I conclude softly, closing the book I've been reading to all the kids and Grace.

A sweet smile settles on my lips at the scene before me, everyone lay fast asleep looking absolutely adorable, placing the book on the twin's nightstand I press a kiss to each head.

Out of the room quietly I go, closing door and heading towards the hallway, then further down into the orphanage's bathroom. I flip the light switch and slink inside, doing my business.

Turning the tap on and washing my hands under the flow of water, I splash some of cold liquid on to my face before lifting my head upwards and looking intently at my reflection.

The woman I see is happy, she has new laugh lines at the corner of her lips. Her dull brown eyes shining brighter than they did 5 months ago. The woman smiles back at me.

I dry my face and exit the bathroom, careful not to step on a damn lego cause God knows those things were like evil little torture devices.

I'm not even being over dramatic when I say once I stepped on one and it was like my life flashed before my eyes.

Plopping down onto the couch with a sigh I stretch wide with a yawn, I'm exhausted and can do with a little power nap, I hadn't been getting the full 8 hours lately for obvious reasons, that obvious reason is handsome, a billionaire and smells heavenly. Closing my eyes, I feel sleep start to take its effect.

"Iris." someone whispers interrupting my nap, cracking an eye open I see my Auburn sweetheart, James, standing above me.

Humming at him, I flash him a lazy smile. "Yes."

"Can we talk?" He says sounding desperate, opening my eyes fully I sit up looking over at the teen who seems to be very troubled.

"I'm all ears." I respond, shooting him my biggest most reassuring smiles."You can talk to me about anything Jamesy-Bob."

"I know." He mumbles so quietly.

"Look, Iris I think I'm...." He trails off looking anywhere but at me, the ending of his sentence so quiet I don't hear it.

I pat the seat next to me and smile when he sits down, resting my head on the ginger's shoulder, I attempt to make him feel better. "James-"

"I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU." He shouts, flying off the couch and leaving me stunned.

So very stunned.

"I know I shouldn't be in love with you but I just can't help it. I've tried to get over it but, but I just can't it's like I can't get you out my mind."

At this point he's standing and pacing the room while I just sit there speechless just listening to his ranting and confessions.

"I see you in my dreams and I see you when I close my eyes. God dammit I'm madly in love with you, Iris." He mumbles getting down on his knees in front of me, his hands coming up to cradle my face.

"James what are you-"

My sentence is left to die in my throat as James kisses me, instantly I recoil pulling away from him.