✔T R E N T A T R E

Chapter 33

Luca's Pov

I pull up into the driveway of the estate, prying the key from the ignition. I open the door and get out of the jeep. Straightening the lapels of my jacket, I close the door behind me running a hand through my hair.

I stroll up the stairs, acknowledging Lorenzo and Gabriele with a curt nod, pushing the grand doors open I saunter into the vacant foyer. Going up the stairs two at a time, I make my way down the long hall, walking leisurely towards Iris and I's bedroom.

My eyes scan the room, searching for my wife who has failed to respond to any of my texts or calls. In our bedroom instead, I find Rosie, making the bed. Her head perks up as she notices my presence, gray eyes meeting mine in confusion.

"Cosa diavolo stai facendo qua?" She asks as she straightens up to stand at her full height, hands on her hips.

"I'm here for Iris, I've been calling her and......" I trail off, eyes narrowing in an inquiring manner. "She isn't here?"

"No, she left this morning. I haven't seen her since." She shakes her head, eyes growing wide with worry.

I lick my lips, pinching the bridge of my nose and take in a deep breath, glancing at the woman with a calculating gaze. I say, "Did she say where it was she was going?"

Rosie shakes her head, no, once again. I close my eyes and draw in another deep breath trying to calm myself, jaw tense. Blindly I pull my phone from my right pant pocket, dialing her number once more in hopes that she will answer this time.

Again, her phone goes to voicemail instantly.

Cazzo!

Clenching my phone in my hand hard, I peel my eyes open, teeth gritted so hard they might fucking shatter. I turn on my heel and stroll briskly from the room, going two steps at a time down the staircase moving towards my study.

Pushing the doors open I make my way over to my desk, switching the monitor on and typing in the password once the screen has come on. Logging on to the tracking system designed by a friend of mine, of the name of Zevenous. I click the bar which holds all the names of each person and devices I have traces on.

Tapping on her name which is at the very top, I wait impatiently for the information to come up. 8th Avenue street, it reads.

She's at her office.

"You're surprisingly calm," Rosie comments as stood by the doorway, hands clasped in front of her.

"I have to be, the second I lose my cool, Game over. " I respond, eyes flicking up to hers briefly. "Plus we don't know if she's really been kidnapped."

Rosie purses her lips, averting her eyes. I slip my phone into my pocket, straightening up I move to stroll past her when her hand shoots out to grasp my wrist.

"Bring her home, Luca." She whispers desperately.

Nodding I give her a silent promise, her hand falling away from my wrist to lay limp by her side. Strolling from the study I make my way back outside, going down the steps hastily. I pry the door of the black Hummer open, sliding into the red leather seats.