✔ T R E N T A C I N Q U E : P a r t T w o

Chapter 35

Luca's Pov

"Lila." I greet with a tight-lipped smile, eyes watching as she steps into my office.

Her black hair hangs a little past her shoulders and she's dressed in clothes unfit for winter, a halter top cut way too low and a skater skirt that doesn't end too far past her ass.

Arsenio grins, eyes roaming the ebony haired woman. "So you're the woman my brother just can't seem to shut up about, you certainly are a treat. "

Glaring daggers at Arsenio, Lila smiles broadly looking as if she is practically bursting at the seams with undeniable joy.

"Hopeful good things." She mumbles, blushing.

"Yes of course." Arsenio continues to torment me, very much enjoying himself.

I clear my throat, glancing away from her penetrating gaze. "How is your mother?"

Lila's brows furrow briefly and I catch a look of utter confusion on her face for only a split second.

"Oh, my mother is um....she's fine, getting better every day. " Lila waves off, rubbing the back of her neck.

"That's good....but you really didn't need to come, Lila." I dig my hands into my pockets, closing the door.

She shakes her head, nibbling on her lower lip as she stares up at me through her lashes. "I really really want to help, Luca."

My eyes widen as suddenly the girl launches herself on to me, wrapping her arms securely around my torso. Snuggling her head into my chest.

I clear my throat, feeling the eyes we gather from everyone watching the scene. "What are you doing?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I was just trying to comfort you, I thought you needed a hug. " She giggles sheepishly as she draws back.

"Thank you but I'm fine," I assure her, taking a few steps away.

"So, Lila," Ezra pipes in, thankfully. "Uh, how are you?"

"I'm fine, thanks uhm...Erica." Lila smiles sweetly though it doesn't quite reach her eyes.

"It's Ezra," Ezra responds peeved.

"Yeah, that's what I said. " Lila rolls her eyes and clicks her tongue.

"Bitch." I hear Ezra grumble under her breath sending Lila a dirty look.

"So, how can I help? I can help in anyway you want. Anyway." Lila purrs, her tongue darting from her mouth briefly to run across her crimson red coloured lips as she eyes me like a snack.

Zev snickers but keeps his eyes glued to his laptop, Arsenio has taken a relaxed stance on the couch, his legs crossed as he watches this unfold with amused eyes.

I clear my throat once again, rubbing the back of my neck. "Well, we haven't generally decided on what we're doing as yet but I'll let you know when we decide."

"Well, have you informed her parents as yet?" She inquires, strolling around me.

"No, I believe it would be best if her parents were unaware of the situation. I would hate to.....worry them." I answer, observing as she takes a seat leisurely at my desk.