✔T R E N T A D U E

💕(A/N) I love this song bruh, I don't even know why.💕

Chapter 32

Iris' Pov

I shiver as a cold breeze hits my barely dressed body, dragging me out of the bliss that is sleep. My eyes flutter open and I blink a couple times to unblur my vision.

The bedroom is dark and I can barely make anything out, the only light comes from the iridescent moonlight which streams in through the open balcony doors, feeling the left side of the bed I notice that I'm.

I sit up confused, brushing the rogue strands of hair that escaped from my bun out of my face, the curtains flap loudly as the bitter cold wind rushes through them. I glanced at the clock that sits on the bedside table.

3: 45 am. December 24th.

Throwing my feet over the side of the bed, I grab blindly at the blanket, securing it around my naked body. The soft patter of my feet can be heard as I walk across the room towards the balcony.

Luca's form comes into view illuminated by the glow of the majestic moon, he has his hands in front of him on the stone handrail, staring off at the evergreen trees which are dusted with snow, dressed only in gray pajama pants.

I step out onto the balcony, feeling the cold nip at my skin making me wrap my arms around myself in an attempt to warm myself. The breeze whips my hair aggressively and I wonder to myself if Luca is even human because unlike myself he has barely even given a shudder.

I lock my arms around his waist, pressing myself against his oddly warm body. Luca emits a soft chuckle.

"Can't sleep?" I ask, my voice coming out a bit gruff from sleep.

My eyes flicker upwards just in time to catch Luca shake his head no, eyes still trained on the landscape.

"Are you alright?" I question concerned, my thumb stroking the area above the waistband of his pants.

"I will be." He sighs heavily, turning around suddenly in my arms, his own hands coming around to settle on my waist.

"I'm here Luca, for anything," I tell him sincerely.

"I know, thank you." He whispers, his eyes making me melt as he stares down at me with so much love and affection.

I peck his cheek lovingly and step away from him, about to make my return to our bed. Luca will come back inside when he wants to, right now all he needs is some space and fresh air.

Luca catches my wrist, stalling my movements. Hazel orbs shrouded with sadness, he bites his lip, not in a sexual way but one of, sudden vulnerability.

"Can I hold you for a little while?" He questions, my heart swells and I nod with a slim small on my lips.

Luca wastes no time, his arms find themselves around my small frame and his thumb strokes my icy cold skin. He kisses the top of my head burying his head there as well.

It feels good to be in his arms.

Breathing in his scent I draw back, my eyes opening on their own to settle on his. I give him a faint reassuring smile and he returns it with a nod and quirk of the lips, his hands fall away from my body.