Lost and Found

LIFE

Life woke up and felt herself open her eyes, but could only see darkness surrounding her, as if a blanket had been thrown over her. She reached up with her hands and felt for any evidence of a blindfold, and when she couldn't feel one, she began to panic.

"Hello?" she called out quietly. When she didn't get a response, she tried again. "Hello?" she called out, this time a little bit louder. When no response answered her call, a wave of paranoia washed over her. She began to scream and yell for anybody, but the darkness persisted. The silence to her calls was almost deafening as Life tried to fill the lonely void with her voice, each time hoping for an answer. After an eternity of screaming, Life curled herself up into a ball and cried to herself, confused and afraid, then eventually fell asleep.

When she woke again, she opened her eyes and was relieved to see light. She still had no idea where she was, and looking around at her surroundings, she decided that she was in a small box or something along those lines. "Hello?" she tried calling out, but when no one replied, she frowned and tried falling back asleep again, hoping it might just be a dream.

When she woke up for the third time, she found herself to be in a bag of some sort, and she was obviously moving, perhaps being carried somewhere. She tried repositioning herself, but the bag was too small to stretch her legs. "Hello? Excuse me, is anyone there?" she asked, but nobody responded. Her bag was thumping against something at a fairly rhythmic pace, so she figured someone was carrying the bag. Since her arms were pressed against her chest, she had to resort to using her legs. Using as much force as she could generate in the small bag, she kicked the thing she assumed was someone's back, and when she heard a grunt, she knew she was right. She knew she wasn't getting any answers from whoever was carrying her bag, continuously trying to kick at the form, and she quickly grew bored and fell asleep once more.

The next time she woke up, she was in a bed. She bolted upright as soon as she figured out that she wasn't in her palace, and she did a quick look around the room. There was no door, nor were there any windows, and she wondered how she got into the room. The room was well-furnished with a bed, a wardrobe, a small bookcase full of books, and a few chairs and tables. Life plopped down in one of the chairs and sat in silence for the next few minutes. She was about to walk over to the bookcase to grab a book when she heard an unfamiliar voice say, "Hello, Life. Nice to see you up and about."

"Who are you?" she asked the room, her voice echoing.

"I'm afraid I can't tell you that, Life, but all will be clear very soon." Listening to the voice, Life guessed the person speaking was male.

"Where am I?"

"I can't tell you that, either."

"Why did you bring me here?"

"I will give you the answer to that very soon, Life, but I'm afraid that information must not be known to you for now."

"Then what can you tell me?" Life asked, patience withering.

"I can tell you the truth, Life, and that's what I plan to tell you."

"You're making no sense," she said, crossing her arms.

She heard someone laugh, and then heard the voice say, "It will all make sense soon, my dear."

Silence followed, and when Life said, "Hello?" there was no response. Life walked over to the bookshelf and grabbed that book that had caught her eye a few minutes before, trying to busy her confused and scrambled mind full of thoughts.

DEATH

"What happened to her?" the whole court demanded.

Truth shrugged. "I don't know much. I can't see her anymore"